1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

Damn, I missed the last bits of it. Did brandonc every post anything in it?

No, but someone created a troll account for Brandon's "lawyer." Absurdity ensued.

2. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

I loved the shoulders on mafoofan's Rubinacci jacket but did find the waist a bit too supressed and it accentuated his head size.

3. zalb916

zalb916 Well-Known Member

If it matters for anyone about when the gash occured, I don't believe it occured randomly during transport back to the seller. The seller contacted me by PM over a month ago, saying that he'd read on another thread that I was an attorney and wanted legal advice. He said in that PM that the buyer mentioned a half inch gash on one of the shoes. I have no idea what this means, other than the seller was aware of the slashed shoes over one month ago and before they were shipped back to him.

4. yachtie

yachtie Well-Known Member

I loved the shoulders on mafoofan's Rubinacci jacket but did find the waist a bit too supressed and it accentuated his head size.

Looked like he has a nice "rack" too.

5. the truth

the truth Well-Known Member

I totally understand and support the decision, J. only now I fear we'll never learn The Truth. Of course, that was unlikely anyway. I'm going to resist the mighty temptation to list all the inconsistencies on both sides... must... resist... There. I'm better now. Carry on.
    You can't handle The Truth! [​IMG]

6. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

If it matters for anyone about when the gash occured, I don't believe it occured randomly during transport back to the seller. The seller contacted me by PM over a month ago, saying that he'd read on another thread that I was an attorney and wanted legal advice. He said in that PM that the buyer mentioned a half inch gash on one of the shoes. I have no idea what this means, other than the seller was aware of the slashed shoes over one month ago and before they were shipped back to him.

OK. But the shoes had clearly been worn repeatedly, to judge by the condition of the soles . . . oh, never mind. I'm done.

7. zalb916

zalb916 Well-Known Member

Just saying that the seller has been apparently dealing with this issue for over a month, as he contacted me in early May seeking legal advice. Agreed that it's all quite absurd and smells awful fishy. That's all for me as well.

8. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

Can we have a bad sellers-bad buyers thread in the buying and selling forum?

+1.

Seconded. Or third..ed?

Whatever it takes.

9. Brad

Brad Well-Known Member

If nothing else, that thread was good for a few laughs.

10. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

If nothing else, that thread was good for a few laughs.
    That thread was on fire! [​IMG]

11. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

No, but someone created a troll account for Brandon's "lawyer." Absurdity ensued.

I can't believe I missed it! I step away from the computer for an hour, and this is what happens!

12. j

j Well-Known Member

I totally understand and support the decision, J. only now I fear we'll never learn The Truth. Of course, that was unlikely anyway. I'm going to resist the mighty temptation to list all the inconsistencies on both sides... must... resist... There. I'm better now. Carry on.
    I got the video... [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Can we have a bad sellers-bad buyers thread in the buying and selling forum?
    ya in among the brouhaha that was the Shropshire Slasher thread, I was wondering about that as well. Would it be a constructive place where issues are satisfactorily resolved and buyers and sellers gain beneficial information about their potential business partners...or would it just be the biggest free for all since Andy started the Interchange. Personally I suspect the latter....and I am against anything that needs a riot squad to moderate, since I would then have to go see Dung to get a bespoke flak jacket.

14. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Is jv17 a spammer? He has dozens of meaningless one-line posts and some sig file link to a furniture website.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Is jv17 a spammer? He has dozens of meaningless one-line posts and some sig file link to a furniture website.

http://styleforum.net./search.php?searchid=1777523

You don't find him incredibly insightful?

I mean come on.... Being addicted to credit cards will affect your credit score. It's so deep.

16. datasupa

datasupa Well-Known Member

jv17 is an English teacher for Koreans who happens to also run a Miami furniture shop and can make any shirt look good. He also has a hearty sense of humor and often enjoys laughing out loud. I say he's a keeper.

17. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

jv17 is an English teacher for Koreans who happens to also run a Miami furniture shop and can make any shirt look good. He also has a hearty sense of humor and often enjoys laughing out loud. I say he's a keeper.
    He's like this forum's Howard, only less thought-provoking. [​IMG]

18. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

SITE TOPIC: How come when I try to add a new tag to a thread it never shows up?

19. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Is SF paaaainfully slow for anyone else at the moment?

20. X-It

X-It Well-Known Member

Is SF paaaainfully slow for anyone else at the moment?

No, m@T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.