• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top quality belts

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I will never fit that in my media room. Plus where will I find styrofran cups big enough?
71101.jpg
eTalkStyrofoam.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
smallish_LOLBrooks.jpg

JoeRe

Reaction score
Edward Green will make you a MTM belt in your exact size of first quality leather in any of the colors they offer in their shoes for a very reasonable price. I got one in chestnut to match my Banburys and it is the nicest belt I have.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
The mentioning of high satisfaction with Banana Republic belts confirms my impression that when it comes to belt, price does not equate quality. Exotics leathers surely cost more, but as long as the leather is of decent quality, the buckle brass or some other durable metal (like sterling silver), and the stitching decent ( I hate the glued together belts), then the belt is good enough.
Two good things to look for. In a previous thread on this topic we came to the conclusion that there isn't much else to look for: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=46785

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a reversible Ferragamo belt that was 300 bucks and at this rate (daily wear, 9-5, 4 times a week since its reversible) it won't last more than 2 years, sounds good on paper but considering I have belts I paid 50 dollars for that I've had for over 5 years, it doesn't seem worth it. The leather on the Ferragamo is wearing VERY fast, this could, however, be related to the fact that its reversible and the construction isn't as good as a one sided belt.

HKTenor

Reaction score
Actually, I'm sure Montblanc's leather goods used to be decent, as they were made by Seeger. Its continuing expansion probably means that corners will be cut. But my problem with them is their wretched logo-ing.

I was a very big fan of Seeger's belts (&c), but the line changed very quickly when Montblanc took over as I recall. In particular the quality of the leather became just average almost immediately. I probably could have lived with the logo were that not the case.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gvibes
I'm working in a lot lower price range than most of you folks, but I love my belts from www.leathergoodsconnection.com.

does anyone know how much of a difference there is between the harness leather belt and the bridle leather belt? so far i know that the bridle leather belt is slightly thicker

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still, most of the other ABP stuff I've seen looks pretty good.

I've only ordered a watchband from them and while I think it's noble that they hire blind people to do the finishing, I wasn't very impressed.

But maybe their belts are better.

overdog

Reaction score
I picked up a RLPL belt and English-made Polo belt at Marshall's for $20 and $10, respectively. The leather on them is top notch. The silver buckle on the RLPL tarnishes like no other though. I can't speak for China-made Polo belts. I have felt some of them and they seemed similar to Perry Ellis belts and the likes.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Like everything else in my wardrobe, I own a ton of belts. And I'm forever buying new ones...

Some of them were obscenely expensive (including several of my much beloved Paciotti belts that I purchased back in the day, which have held up quite nicely over the years)...while other belts of mine were picked up at bargain prices.

One of my recent favorites is a Ben Sherman reversible...fairly wide (1 1/2"?), with a "gun metal"-tone buckle. Looks especially great with jeans, and I found it at Filene's for around $25 bucks. I was in there the other day and noticed that they had gotten plenty more in stock.

I also recently picked up several very nice looking, decently made belts by Tumi...also at Filene's. I believe I paid around $29, and yet they have the look and feel of much more expensive belts....Very nice fit and finish. I definitely recall seeing the same Tumi belts a few months ago at Nordstrom's, at retail prices ranging from $89 to $120.

Dennis

GeorgePaul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Any opinions on allen edmonds belts? I am in the market for new btls and haven't had the time to check them out in person
I just purchased two of the wide basic dress belts -- one in black calf and one in dark brown. I like them very much. Plain and simple and they appear to be well made.

erdavis

Reaction score
JW Cooper in NYC carries alot of nice belts and buckles, but you are going to pay for it. Figure 300+ for buckles and hides. Incredible selection in a swank store at Columbus Circle.

foto010101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeRe
Edward Green will make you a MTM belt in your exact size of first quality leather in any of the colors they offer in their shoes for a very reasonable price. I got one in chestnut to match my Banburys and it is the nicest belt I have.
How much do EG belts cost?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads