• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don´t think the logo itself looks so bad

There are actually three different clothing stores in this city, which use the Armani bird logo trademark as part of their store-front branding. Non of which actually sells Armani, or least any Armani which is remotely genuine.

BTW I wonder which famous German car manufacturer is having its trademark infringed here?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think Armani is asking for it by having all these different lines...Burberry, etc.

Brand positions themselves as luxury brand, charges insane, unearned prices. Cultivates aura of exclusivity. Brand realizes exclusivity means exclusivity -- not many buyers. Creates diffusion lines and brandwhore items people can afford (plaid belts, LV wallets). People buy their stuff. With people buying their stuff, they are perceived as less exclusive, oh noes!

WAT DO!

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meanwhile, economy brands create upscale lines (Goooold trumpeteeer!) with loro piana fabric made in all manner of crazy Italian villas, yet some people will never forgive their original thriftiness.

Who's with me!

Maybe it's the small-timer in me, but I don't think HSM started out as an "economy" brand.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In which case neither is D&G, what the OP suggested.

Both of which I consider gaudy, obnoxious, strictly for brand whores, and are certainly on my hate list.

I'm guessing OP either mistook D&G for Dolce & Gabbana or he really meant D&G, and yes that is not a luxury brand.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing OP either mistook D&G for Dolce & Gabbana or he really meant D&G, and yes that is not a luxury brand.

I think it's perceived as being luxury here in China though. They sure charge a lot for the real-mccoy in Beijing and Shanghai. Hell there is even a knock-off version called Dolce & Banana, D&B. :D

Jangofett

Reaction score

There are actually three different clothing stores in this city, which use the Armani bird logo trademark as part of their store-front branding. Non of which actually sells Armani, or least any Armani which is remotely genuine.

Bet Giorgio would be livid when he finds this out!!

I wonder when will the day finally come when one finds a high street shop in China selling fake Armanis with Armani internal decor, complete with a sign including the fake Armani eagle logo and a shop name that reads like Armani in Chinese.

But its not really Armani (wink. wink.). Its Ya-Man-Ni complete with properous Mandarin characters.

jeromestyle

Reaction score

Bet Giorgio would be livid when he finds this out!!

I wonder when will the day finally come when one finds a high street shop in China selling fake Armanis with Armani internal decor, complete with a sign including the fake Armani eagle logo and a shop name that reads like Armani in Chinese.

But its not really Armani (wink. wink.). Its Ya-Man-Ni complete with properous Mandarin characters.

Giorgio loves China and China loves Giorgio. He is very aware of this and takes it as a compliment.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Jangofett

Reaction score

Giorgio loves China and China loves Giorgio. He is very aware of this and takes it as a compliment.

You kidding right? Most Westerners not used to China's 'laissez faire' ways do not take too kindly to money being taken from their pockets or being made used of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads