1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Tom FOrd Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrbateman, Nov 25, 2012.

1. cs09

cs09 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if the TF in Beverly Hills is putting on a sale as well?

2. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

I visited the Madison avenue store for the first time a couple of days ago. Here's the lowdown:

- Sale items are on the top floor; everything in the room is 50% off.
    - Limited selection of SCs, but suit selection was a bit better.
    - Some ties available
    - Alot of dress shirts.
    - I picked up one of the James Bond ties; only a few left.

I'm heading back next week; let me know if anybody wants a proxy.

3. Manhappenin

Manhappenin Well-Known Member

I really need to move back to New York...

4. earthdragon

earthdragon Well-Known Member

It was advertised in last Sunday's NY Times.
    Vegas
    B Hills
    New York

5. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

The best deal is on the shoes; oxfords marked down to $500 in the boutique. That's actually cheaper than the TF outlet (not to mention ebay and sf).

6. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Well-Known Member

Can someone proxy for me their knit ties?I'm obsessed with them though the prices offered on ebay are a bit steep.

7. ElementHU

ElementHU Well-Known Member

PSA - Neiman Marcus has Tom Ford dress shirts, polos and ties on sale currently.

The polos retail at $450 are on sale for $290. The sale price on the dress shirts are $357.

I've got an SA here in So Cal who will take pics and take orders for you. PM me for his contact info.

8. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an expert on the subject, but when is $350+ a tempting price for a dress shirt?

9. ElementHU

Certainly not for everyone and I don't partake in too much Tom Ford, but the few times I like to splurge, I prefer to do it at discount. I believe the retail on these is $590+ if I recall correctly. Admittedly most of my dress shirts are T&A, Zegna, RLBL and Canali but the few TF shirts I do have always stand out when I wear them....not to mention the ties. I'm sure there will be another price drop, but there's always slim pickings for my size (17) by that point.

10. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

TF shirts can had at century 21 for 150 a pop. I bought a couple I literally saw at Bergdorf like 2 hours before.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  11. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

The retail price usually just shows how overpriced the item was before the discount. Besides the idiots who feel good about themselves for owning ultra-expensive items, I doubt that anyone pays anywhere near that price. They only keep it that high as a marketing ploy to make people think that it's a steal when they lower the price to $350.

12. KenRose

KenRose Well-Known Member

sure they can.... if you area a 15.75 collar and love the uber narrow spread pointed collar.

13. ElementHU

I guess I should know better than to try and post about a sale in a thread titled "Tom Ford Sale." I've obviously committed quite an affront.:sarcasm:

14. KenRose

KenRose Well-Known Member

lol, I was going to say the same thing. Don't worry about it. I think those guys are pretty funny too yet here they are posting on a TF thread.