1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

So is gdl's jacket off the menu request?

Edit; also like that minimalist moto...

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

It's the UMDR... I think anyone can order it, but it's not from the menu :)

Same thing two sheets had a few pages back.

3. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Didn't know dark whiskey looked that in sun but that off white/cream looks prett nice, shit now I wanna order a new moto.

4. LTTP

LTTP Well-Known Member

Yah, there is a pic in the toj gallery.

Is that white jacket the sand lamb, or is it something else? Cuz I want it, std 4zip moto style.

5. magicalporks

magicalporks Well-Known Member

It's the off-white/cream.

6. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

Pretty close to pulling trigger on a MDR, 3 zip or 4 zip.

Those with 4 zips, or the 2010 DR or QDR - how functional are the horizontal pockets?

Do they fit an iphone? Pack of cigarettes?

7. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

yeah, with ease.

1 person likes this.
  8. chaos

chaos Well-Known Member

There's an inside chest pocket that's pretty deep, it'll fit both your phone and your cigarettes. I don't use the exterior horizontal pockets for anything, they just look nice - I wouldn't recommend putting anything inside since they're not very accessible lol. If you must, those horizontal pockets will fit your iphone comfortably, but if you stuffed a pack of cigs in there, they might get crushed

1 person likes this.
  9. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Well-Known Member

Looks like it doesn't have banding on the hem or sleeves?

10. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to know how much influence over actual sales pictures of a great jacket have. Like, someone will periodically post pictures of their jacket/coat in this thread and troves of people go crazy, talking about how they want one/are gonna buy one, etc. But how many of those e-jaculations actually turn into sales?

Regardless, that cream moto is stunning and legitimately just changed my tentative order before the cut-off date.

1 person likes this.
  11. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Fit pictures of TOJ sold me way more than the product photos on the TOJ webpage. However, I'd still say only a very small percentage of those that say they should buy one after seeing a fit do.

Unrelated...
    Time measured myself for jacket length this week: 30+

So nerve wracking. Within two weeks of my first order coming in.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

What are you getting APK?

I know I was on and on about the moto earlier, and I have come to the decision between UMDR, 2010 DR, or minimalist Moto...didn't know the first and last was available.

That or just pick up a RO... re: Parker

13. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Well-Known Member

bball still available right?

my experience with the DR pockets = they suck, in the sense that the second you put anything in there the whole aesthetic of the jacket just goes to shit. thats why mine stay empty.

14. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

Been a 5 weeks since I sent BBall preoder, but I'm guessing lead time is from the time the did the size chart?

15. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Just thinking out loud about how many of those "I need one of those" type of posts that follow the aforementioned pictures translate into actual sales. Sort of in the same vain that Drew has mentioned a few times previously that he can't just go on a bunch of people saying they would "instakop" such and such if Drew made it because few of those people actually end up ponying up the cash to back up their claims.

16. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

i want this in a washed red or burgundy so badly. :( WHY U NO DO WASHES ANYMORE DREW :(... i think i'd wear it more than my julius jut :foo:

17. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Measured myself the other day and had a friend measure me today. Most of the measurements are pretty close or the same but I might have to have a 3rd person try and rectify the differences.

Biggest diff was front length where I measured 25.5 and she measured 23.5...both of those seem pretty short to me. I think I have kind of a short torso relative to legs but at almost 6'2, isn't 23.5 a pretty short measurement?

Also, my key issue is that I have pretty square shoulders and my chest sort of puffs out...so most RTW jackets have folds running across the back of the neck. Hopefully this can be accounted for in my jacket (with a suit jacket, I think the tailors call it lowering the collar although from what I have read on SF that may not be quite the right name)...but it definitely doesn't come out in my measurments. I'll try to include a picture wearing a jacket to show what is happening.

18. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it was all just interest check 'til it was actually like "OK, we're doing this". I assume the queue started after that.

19. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

post a pic of your torso straight-on from a reasonable distance to offset perspective distortion (but a big enough photo to work with) and we can photoshop in tick marks to where you should measure. Can wear anything for the top, but wear your jeans as you normally wear them.

20. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I just went through this with Charly regarding the length of my jacket and here is what he said:

I actually ended up shortening my jacket. I've measured so many times and I'm pretty damn sure... desperately hoping I didn't fuck it up.

Drew, where to measure?
    [​IMG]