1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

I've been wearing my 2010 Moto every chance I can since last january and it's aged beautifully. The iPhone pictures truly do not do it justice, but its all I have so it'll have to do.
    Front:
    [​IMG]
    Hardware (formerly blacked out, black paint is dulling into silver)
    [​IMG]
    Back:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Haha, that is true. I am trying to decide whether a CWU looks best really loose like NN, a little bigger like willycheesesteak's A-2, or more form fitting.

Is that lamb? Man, does that look great.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Kind of... but I think my 3 years that I've put into this show that I'm not a mere hobbyist on the aesthetic side at this point, either. Like I said, the qualities I'm looking for in a possible contributor are a bit hard to describe I guess.

Gotta think about this stuff way more out of the box man. There are many paths still waiting to be trod.

yes. A lot of stuff might go off the menu; been thinking we might even close orders for all items at some point soon, because we've always had a constant order log and it'll take us awhile to get through them. We also are looking at taking some personal time off in the summer or possibly long-term hiatus since it's been awhile since we truly relaxed (I'm thinking about going to Europe to cook with somebody this summer), so considering the lead time and work load we'd have after a last call, we need to consider it soon. Naturally, I will come back but with different stuff and not what I have now.

Well, yes and no - I don't see the idea of making a blazer being difficult, people do that often.
    I think tailoreds would a meaningful product, but I don't think the styleforum base we have here would be good for the product. Regarding tailoreds and cut, fitment, there are just too many out of this world expectations because the market for that has been driven down so low due to eternal saturation - I could make a great Mode suit but people would not really understand the point here I feel.
    FWIW, I've had the ability to make tailoreds all along, but I just felt it'd be a shitty experience to do them here, just never really wanted to do it. I think the MC influence would ruin any of the fun. Look at vox's MC vs SWD threads for an example. Definitely would not employ any kind of MTM if I were to do tailoreds either, it'd be a house cut in stock sizes, and people would either fit into it, or not. Anyway, doing tailoreds just seemed as appealing as a plate of turds to me, I'd probably rather cut myself than subject myself to the reception of tailored creations on SF. Kind of unfortunate but that's how we are here I guess. I think it'd work on sufu but they're mostly dead over there now.

If you can make it work, it works. There is no prescription outfit for anything.

Feel the opposite, the trousers are very refined, the buttoned jackets are all slightly casual and the ones you mentioned have soft textures (so soft on soft, rather than the textural mix TOJ is capable of) the T-1 might be best for that out of the three you mentioned. Varsity jacket I would not pair with the TOJ trousers, the trousers are on a different level of refinement and the top and bottom would then clash.
    If there were a jacket that paired nicely with the trousers, I feel it's the 4-zip MDR in black goatskin, over black trousers, at least as the basis, the starting point - the design is clean but at the same time, finely detailed; the vertical zips of the 4-zip MDR visually line up with the structured pleats on the trousers; you get a textured leather with a bit of sheen, over a pair of wool trousers without much sheen and a totally different texture. T-1 would be alright as the pleats in the jacket would repeat into the pants in their own way, it'd be an interesting mix too.

4. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

now we go into deep thought about ordering what we've been holding off asap...

5. impolyt_one

Got a little bit of time. It's not a 30 minute last call.

6. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

can you give us a heads up on what will be discontinued
    [​IMG] *please not fishtail*

7. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

Wow. So once they're gone, they're gone? Or will you slowly rerelease them as they become season-appropriate, as you've done in the past? Wanted to buy up a few items at the end of summer (no reason to have a fishtail/a2/etc sitting around, collecting dust for a couple of seasons).

8. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

9. impolyt_one

Yeah, I'm thinking if I take a legitimate break and rest on it, maybe start from phase 2, anything current would not come back in the same form. There might similar themes, maybe a couple classics (I still keep the Moto and the DR close to my heart, as that's how it really started for me), but the majority of the designs will be different.

Looking like they will be possible, just waiting on a couple more confirmations from Dan on materials.

3 people like this.
  10. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Well-Known Member

whatever happened to the shorter winter coat project? I hope it will come later this year as part of your phase 2 though

11. impolyt_one

We just ended up with more orders than we anticipated this year, demand increased constantly, but supply and supply potential has remained the same since the beginning mostly - we had to give up on new model ideas because there was just no time to make samples. We complete orders first and worry about new stuff after.

12. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Well-Known Member

Ya that's what I understood from your post earlier, I'm just crossing my fingers

13. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

Do you think that the CWU-45 will be one of those classics? :p I want to buy an A2 at the end of the month, for the really windy mornings and evenings my city gets in the spring, but I don't want to lose out on the current CWU-45.

14. wzjradam

wzjradam Well-Known Member

Drew, what did you do with that collared moto VTG that is "damaged beyond repair"?

15. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

Very intrigued now. I hope mine comes in soon.

16. CBrown85

CBrown85 Well-Known Member

lol- just blew my TOJ fund on the wedding. idiot!

17. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Is it too late to return the ring?

18. computurd

computurd Well-Known Member

Ive been really itching for another leather

I have a 2010 Bomber and 2011 moto in black

The double riders have been growing on me a lot lately, the double rider vest body is probs my fave or the 2010 version and maybe a CWU in brown

Would the goatskin look and feel good with the 2010 DR, like is it soft and stuff? How much does it cost in comparison to the lamb

19. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

When would the Bball be back on the menu?

20. ribkin

ribkin Well-Known Member

I hope my A2 is in that batch :nodding: