1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

quilted leather is made as such: you spray some temporary adhesive to the backside of the leather, you attach a piece of thin, porous foam that is already cut to shape, and then on top of that you spray more adhesive, and put some cotton on there (the stitching needs something densely woven to hold on to, it'd just pull through the foam if it weren't for the cotton. Once you stitch the leather and the cotton sides together to meet, it pulls on the foam layer in the middle to make peaks and valleys.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

That's amazing. You've brought up before that a lot goes on underneath the leather, but this is pretty intense.

Just had to ask after seeing the murdered out, quilted 2011 moto in the gallery. That shit's so sugoi that I couldn't breathe for a couple of seconds. :embar:
    I have to make a choice this week, so it's either that, the ribbed collar CWU-45, or the A2 now.

3. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Umm even by these fucked up figures, 1700$ x 2 is not 3k. so its not literally twice the cost................

yeah you are right! I have one patch taken out of the side of my head!@ jesus how did I not realize.... oh because thats not my haircut.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. impolyt_one

alright, amateur hour is over, and the fantasy accounting can stop now. I'm guessing nobody who has chimed in on the topic has ever priced a good for sale beyond lemonade. Woodyear must think he is getting $1.50 worth of food in his $2 Big Mac, and the other 50 cents goes to pay everybody. lol. A business genius.

5. stick

stick Well-Known Member

Too many pages to dig through. Your final decision on the stuff you posted in the forum was peacoat-style slit pockets with leather trim and wrist toggle, right? And everything else is as on the sample previously posted.

6. impolyt_one

not quite, it's gonna be patch pockets with a lip of leather on the top edge. Most everything else the same.

7. stick

stick Well-Known Member

Ah, so no flap, just leather trim along the top edge of the pocket?

8. impolyt_one

9. Rolfi

Rolfi Well-Known Member

just put in my soft order for the duffle, so i can assume regular production will start in a couple of weeks?

10. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Ohh Drew lets not get butthurt. Listen im gonna be in beijing and shanghai around the end of january I hear its fucking freezing then. So im gonna need a peacoat and or a fishtail from you before then. Am i still able to buy or am i fucked? Also, what shit should I do when Im there Ive never been remotely near asia.

11. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Not to big on reading comprehension there are we bows. I said his profit margin is twice the cost of a regular leather. In this case his profit margin would be 1400 (1300 was a math error/typo). A regular leather is 700 some odd dollars. Therefore 1400 is roughly twice the cost of a typical toj leather. Can we move on from this now, ive actually gotten tired of pwning ppl, which till this point i wasnt even sure was possible.

12. vaalbara

vaalbara Well-Known Member

woodyear the only person that's been pwned in this entire thread is you

1 person likes this.
  13. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

wow. this kid is the most boring troll i've ever run into.

14. impolyt_one

No, you're fucked. One, because you came and shit on my rug, and two, because you're dumb enough to use your real name as your screenname on styleforum, so it's easy to weed you out for the blacklist. haha.

5 people like this.
  15. buran

buran Well-Known Member

gif:
    [​IMG]

woodyear/carpenoctem posts have gotten old really fast.

16. PipersSon

PipersSon Well-Known Member

I'd advise you to always work in a business you own, or at the very least run, because, son, if you behave in the real world the way you've done on this thread - and you've asked some interesting questions, I'll give you that - random people are going to queue up to kick your arse just to see which way you bounce.

Learn to ask questions to get answers, not to 'prove' how good you are. Learn some fucking humility.

17. malaujai

malaujai Well-Known Member

Quick shitty iPhone pics... Probably take some with the DSLR later today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can someone remind me how to re-shape the collar? the right side collar (left side in the pics) seems to be a bit flat compared to the other side and it looks a bit more noticeable without the shearling...

Forgot to mention that I am having no problems with my hands in the side-slit pockets...

2 people like this.
  18. horn11

horn11 Member

I prefer older bomber collars. :/

19. skyline

skyline Well-Known Member

New bomber collars don't snap down? Nice fit btw!

20. malaujai

malaujai Well-Known Member

Shit they do. Didn't realize that haha... Still a bit noticeable when the shearling is on though, but not as much as if I don't snap it down with the shearling off (the point in the snaps I guess)...

Maybe I'll just let it naturally shape up