1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

^ leather is addicting, I think I'm due for my fix. :nodding:

2. altemp

altemp Well-Known Member

Bless has been doing it successfully for years. Honestly don't see why you couldn't with what I've read from your posts over the past few years.

3. AHShadow

AHShadow Well-Known Member

I was actually wearing the Peacoat up until -30 degrees outside. I was indeed cold in those temperatures, but at -10, it should be pretty warm. I also did not have any quilting, so that's going to make it even warmer for you.

However, I would like to know if the Fishtail Parka can help me survive -20+ degrees??

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Well-Known Member

ya and a million of those views are from people checking when the winter jackets are coming out

1 person likes this.
  5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

I think if you dressed appropriately along with the fishtail, you'd be fine. It's got a lot of layers in the coat itself, and then if you wore something like Heat Tech and a thin knit under a thicker knit, you'd be warm. In Korea we'd go out all day in -20C temps and we wore leather jackets most of the time, lol. Had to wear Heat Tech, at least one warm knit if not two thin ones, but it was mostly my legs that got cold.

6. AHShadow

Yeah, I was thinking about doing Heat Tech + Flannel/Knit/Hoodie + Parka for the winter. Also, Heat Tech + Jeans for legs. Now I need boots, any recs? Haha.

Also, do you plan on upgrading the Fishtail this year or will it be the same? I'm hesitating on getting it right away, or waiting for one of your new coats :slayer:.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Fishtail will be the same weight and basic material, design is remixed though. It's gonna be the next piece out. It's the heaviest/warmest TOJ, for sure.

8. AHShadow

Can't wait!! This is awesome news! Will there be any other winter coats?? :nodding:

9. Kross

Kross Well-Known Member

How many pieces are you coming out with this winter Drew? We have pea/duffle/parka, should we expect anything else?

10. Grug

Grug Well-Known Member

Any chance of whiskey leathers shipping out this Friday (i.e. today)?

11. PDinh

PDinh Well-Known Member

+1 :embar:

12. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

We'll soon find out, it's just one day lol.

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Starting to think that Drew devoured Malakas and Steve Jobs to take his trolling skill to the next level

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  14. buran

buran Well-Known Member

So everyone that is getting their jacket shipped today has gotten their shipping number?

15. drmmr

drmmr Well-Known Member

Sounds really interesting, would buy products. Not enough capital to invest though.

+1

16. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

4 weeks in, hopefully not too long now! :slayer:

17. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

I have my eye on a black DR, but isn't it terrifying to drop $700, submit your own measurements, then wait a month or more for a product that might not fit? I just looked through all the DR gallery photos, and I'd say roughly half ordered the correct size. Those aren't very good odds, and it scares me hahaha

18. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Well I trust Drew, I sent him my measurements and we discussed them and its done. Just waiting for the jacket to come in now. Its better to just let a pro help you instead of picking your own size.

19. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

yeah, go with drews judgement. most of the time ppl dont need to customize their jackets. i just ordered a stock size for my toj0. this was back when charly was there; gave him my height/weight. bam, perfect

20. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

As long as you guys provide me with accurate info and stats, and you use sound judgement in picking a size, there's no reason why your jacket shouldn't fit you properly.

Poor fits usually come from guys giving me inaccurate and not enough info. Also, guy's that go off our standard pattern too much.

I've been dealing with sizing guys for the majority of the time and have seen many jackets come and go - and their measurements to go with them.

I (and Drew, of course) are at the point where I can just look at a set of numbers and know if it'll make a nice looking jacket or not.

I see a lot of guys wanting to change this and that when 99% of them could have had a great fit with a stock size (length adjustments if needed).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011