1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

Well at the very least Charly has access to the main TOJ gmail account, doesn't he?

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if Daniel had 1 to 1 contact with Drew or not. Daniel was told the same things as I was and that's what he went off of.

I advise against it, as it will be a complete waste of time but go ahead and talk to Daniel if you want. Just don't be surprised if you get no response.

And list of orders? Yea, it's on google sheets on the TOJ email account which I don't have access to anymore.

Read above.

And come on.. just use some common sense. Employee leaves company on not so good terms... oh yea, he should totally still have access to the TOJ email account which doesn't have changed passwords or anything.

2 people like this.
  3. Gruff

Gruff Well-Known Member

+1 trillion. Especially with the revelation that Drew used one person's money to refund another. That's completely ponzi. There's more than enough evidence for people to go to their local law enforcement and ask for a criminal investigation.

Oh, and check out the very first page of this thread, where Drew admits his bank and paypal accounts are U.S. based. I would think you've got the jurisdiction based on that.

Edit: actually a discussion about his taxes ranges over the first 2 pages of this thread.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  4. mrchariybrown

I hear of all these legal terms being thrown out and threats of going after Drew...

But I don't know if anyone of you realize that it would just cost you more and you would probably not be made whole.

I mean I, of all people, would love to see Drew sweat a bit and have to face the music..

That being said, I find this going nowhere. I understand it's a good way to vent thinking of all the possibilities you can screw Drew over.. but I don't really see it happening. The only sort of satisfaction you'd get is to probably through finding someone to find Drew and clock him in the face.

10 people like this.
  5. Gruff

Gruff Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying and I totally agree that the money's probably gone forever.

But, it costs nothing to file a police report. This is probably the most realistic option for people at this point, given that trying to organize something on the internet is like herding cats.

1 person likes this.
  6. hokuto

hokuto Well-Known Member

So it's pretty clear at this point that Drew is hiding out, skipping town or doing both.

What will eventually happen is that reporter will probably write his article and ever so slowly the legal wheels of motion will eventually roll even if it's just paypal, credit card companies having a file on this guy for fraud.

Eventually this fallout will reach the current/future owners of Libertine and at least the past owners will get a lot of questions of how much they knew, even if it's just from the article.

If the current owners of Libertine want to insulate themselves they should call the cops on Drew, doesn't mean it'll necessarily mean Drew will end up in jail, but it will put him under a very uncomfortable microscope.

7. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Hah, damn, the piece of filth even lied to @brad-t . Straw, camel's back, and all that--time to burn that Uncontrol jacket, probably.

8. Gruff

Gruff Well-Known Member

Lol but the jacket IS pretty sweet. Richard Wagner was a raging anti-semite but people still listen to the Ride of the Valkyries.

9. cellardoors

cellardoors Well-Known Member

Cause @friyaz sounds like a raging prick, thats why. Let him burn his $3k.

10. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Wait. This is surprising?

While I "think" that Brad is trying t help, I also feel that Drew is lying to him re he has a plan to make this right and the process is in motion.
    Hence the "hear Drew out."

1 person likes this.
  11. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Not "surprising" I suppose. At this point nothing can surprise. But those two have been part of the TOJ mythos here over that jacket (I never cared for it, but I can see that it was a fairly unique piece). I feel sorry for @brad-t because he clearly bought Drew's words. I don't think he assumed he was being lied to.

12. LaymanX

LaymanX Well-Known Member

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2015/04/23/charming-mr-elder/

I think this paints a great picture of a sociopathic manipulator and how they think/operate. People who still expect DK to do the rational/honorable thing here are in for a world of hurt.

They live life large, going to the best restaurants and hotels. They don't think twice about burning friendships, family. They lie to everyone, even for no apparent reason. Lies become second nature to them.

13. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

Before filing a police report, wouldn'it be easier to contact paypal first to report that fraud? If all the people in the list above can fill all the details of their transactions related to the TOJ paypal account, paypal will realize we're talking about a million dollar fraud and I hope it should be possible to force them to investigate the matter. We've heard so many bullshit about the TOJ paypal account, it would be nice to know the truth.

1 person likes this.
  14. peternorth

peternorth Well-Known Member

What do you expect paypal to do, think its pretty clear that paypal balance is empty. You think paypal is going to bend the rules so that the company itself can refund you out its pocket?

what is the logic behind going after paypal in a pack?

2 people like this.
  15. Gruff

Gruff Well-Known Member

Seems like a significant number of people have contacted Paypal already. Certainly enough to alert them that something's going on. Still, people are getting told "so sorry, it's past the arbitrary cutoff date." Which is bullshit, you think Paypal would have some sort of consideration in cases of outright fraud, but whatever.

Police involvement is really the most effective way now to compel a full and thorough investigation. The people involved are all over the world - imagine what it'd be like to be the target of 160+ cops in different parts of the globe?

Seriously, if he's refunding people with other people's money, that's a ponzi - it's just a clothing company instead of a hedge fund.

16. peternorth

peternorth Well-Known Member

Would love to hear your definition of working capital

17. Gruff

Gruff Well-Known Member

Go back and read the part about how he took someone's money to pay off someone else.

2 people like this.
  18. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I have no pony in this race, thank god. However, you guys are going about this all wrong. Here is what I would do.

Make a poll nominate one speaker. Have that speaker with 3 runner ups file a lawsuit. Then file a police report. Everyone and I mean everyone who hasn't received product contacts paypal. Make a paper trail. Give the lawyers something good to work with.

As for Drew's employees. Get there ALL their information. Try to get Drew's families information. If anyone might know his whereabouts it would be his family. If they have nothing to hide they will cough it up or you simply add them to the lawsuit. This goes for the restaurant as well.
    Stop pussy footing around. You need to draw blood.

As promised my assistant is going to follow up with @dieworkwears email. If Drew is in Korea the same process above needs to be filed there. It will be a pain in the ass and you have a 98% chance of never seeing any money but if you can unite he will go to jail and he will be someones bitch, in the states or in Korea.

12 people like this.
  19. mrchariybrown

Your only real chance is to do it in Korea. He's smarter than to come back to the states where I've been told that he has issues already with the IRS (might involve taxes or something - I forget the specifics to be completely honest). And I'm not very familiar with extradition and all that but I highly doubt any gov't will care to do that to Drew based on what he's done (it's shitty and wrong but I don't think it holds the magnitude for any gov't to care).

20. kasper007

kasper007 Well-Known Member

TOJ is a positive working capital business so it doesn' apply here. The cash conversation cycle is actually pretty amazing. This is actually one of the most fucked up thing is that people never challenged him on that. If I would have had a jacket on order, I would have asked him to either show me proof that my jacket has been ordered and paid to the factory or otherwise, he still have the funds and is able to process refund because he hasn't incurred any cost. The fact that he has never shown that jackets were actually ordered and is not giving refund is the best proof that the money has been long gone.,...

2 people like this.