1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

I agree that was a very wrong decision. We can arrange an August spot for you now if you would like.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

People should get refunds. People should get their jackets. Talking about what should happen is pointless.

1 person likes this.
  3. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

I should win the lottery.

1 person likes this.
  4. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

Maybe Drew thinks that if he keeps quiet long enough we'll go away.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Or maybe he just doesn't give a fuck.

6. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. ricepick

ricepick Active Member

I'm so sick of this fuck Drew!! Just tell us if the jackets will be made that's it!!! If it's gonna take longer so be it,mill be around but don't fucking lie. No close to calling Visa and telling them to get my money back. Problem is one payment went first to Drew and one to the previous orderer. So not sure how that's going to be fine. I guess also Charly has no input on this matter at all as I bet many of you have begged and pleaded for him to give you but a clue. It's like everyday now I see another jacket that I could have bought and waited and trusted this fuck dick!! I'm lucky I bought my Nov 2013 spot last April, but am a very impatient person so......

Are like 2 or three getting to homes a week at least?

8. ambyance

ambyance Well-Known Member

Drew knows, deep inside, our anticipation of receiving the ToJ pieces is what keeps us alive. The daily interactions on this thread are what make us. Once we actually receive the jackets, we are done. Forever. No more jokes, shittalking, and dreams of rosa-parking at his restaurant to receive the goods.

What we paid for is this surreal experience of waiting almost 2 years (and going) for a piece of clothing. It truly is an indelible adventure we are currently pursuing. Let this please continue in perpetuity.

2 people like this.
  9. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Well-Known Member

apparently toj jackets are now a civil rights issue

10. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

Martin Leather King Jr. - "Let my jackets go."

1 person likes this.
  11. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Nobody has received a jacket in 2-3 weeks. When they ship there are usually multiple reports of people receiving jackets. Who the hell knows when the next shipment will be. They were on mid-end of August for full leathers last shipment but FWIW I asked Charly a while ago and my Aug 21ish order was still not in production. Fuck it.

I'm with you though. I really don't care when I get my order as long as I get it at all. But I am rapidly losing confidence.

12. mzez

mzez Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  13. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Well-Known Member

ii paid using my debit/bank account. I doubt there's anything I can do, at least that's what I've been told.

14. ninopwns

ninopwns Well-Known Member

"The Libertine Bar and Kitchen will feature a New American Pub menu, formed from the mind of the one and only Drew Keith, of Temple of Jawnz fame"

you're kidding

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Wtf he know about 'Merica!?

16. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Well-Known Member

Did your bank say this or was your source from some random person on the internet?

1 person likes this.
  17. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

p sure drew is american born and an america citizen...

18. misterswag

misterswag Well-Known Member

In my case, my bank and PayPal both came to the mutual agreement that I'm screwed.

19. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

Hehe I've got enough leather jackets, I don't really need one more spot. Unless you wanna swap your place in the line, but I doubt that would make it easier for you t oget rid of your spot.
    There has been no update in like three months, that's worrying

20. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Hey Charly, I don't know how else to contact you but to reply to your post here. I realize you don't want people PM'ing you (and I haven't). I hope replying to you in this post counts as fair game, since people have been conversing with you in this thread for a while.

Someone bought one of my spots and I'd like to get some kind of confirmation that this person now owns my credit. I've sent a few emails to the ToJ Gmail address, but haven't gotten any replies.

I realize that you're working for free, but at this point, it's unclear whether you're not replying to emails at all, or just replying on your own time. If you're not replying to ToJ business at all, I'd appreciate it if you at least make the announcement here, so people can think of other solutions to their issues. In my case, I need to get confirmation from someone that this guy now owns my position. I don't want to leave him hanging.

I won't be on StyleForum for a while, so if you PM me, I won't get it. If you can either leave a message here regarding your status with the company (that is, whether you're no longer working as the point of correspondence for ToJ, or simply just haven't had time to check the Gmail account), that would be appreciated. You can obviously also contact me via Gmail. I'll check this thread in a few days, but don't plan on signing back in here for a while, so know that I won't be checking PMs.

Thanks in advance.

2 people like this.