• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dbear I assume you mean the UMDR?

I still kind of like it. The jacket has logistics problems though. Since there's only the main zip, the cuffs are snaps-only.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing that I wish that I could change on my minimalist double rider is the bottom two pockets, I'd love to have them sans zips.

click here

Reaction score
Got my CWU-45 jacket after 25 weeks...think the back is too big and jacket an inch or 2 too short. What do you guys think?

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
It's going to look like a leather condom when you have it zipped up and when you have it unzipped, the lapels will likely lay funny and flippity flop all over the place, but that is just my opinion.
Hah, I see what you mean about the condom-look. Still...

Good point about the loose lapels, though.

The only thing that I wish that I could change on my minimalist double rider is the bottom two pockets, I'd love to have them sans zips.
Really wanted this, actually. I'm fine with everything else.

I'm not going for black, so I can't even go for the blacked-out hardware. Ah well. Would've been great to get the pockets without zips.

Newo

Reaction score
As the elastic waist loosens it'll fall lower on you, and the lower back will drape down more. It's just being held up by the elastic.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

As the elastic waist loosens it'll fall lower on you, and the lower back will drape down more. It's just being held up by the elastic.

Not necessarily. There may just not be enough leather to let it fall lower. Was the case with mine :(

sleepless

Reaction score

What color swatch should I go with the TOJ0 2013?
Black leather sleeves with black/navy or grey wool?

Currently leaning towards Navy.

Ordered tan/navy. Switched to gray/black after seeing this: http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/image/63365134968

Best decision.
The navy is so dark it's basically black except in blindingly bright, direct sunlight. So navy/black is really black/black. I'd just buy black/black if you want black wool.
If you want more texture, depth, and arguably (IMHO) versatility, go with gray/black.

I've worn it everyday since I got it (last week). It has the comfort of a hoodie with the steez of a TOJ. The cuffs ohhh the cuffs, so warm and comfy. :nodding:

Last edited:

NotClever

Reaction score

Reaction score
Well I guess I'm wrong then

Apologies for crapping up the thread folks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads