1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but you are a complete fool. $3K and endless waiting???? What a waste of your college years! Stop saving up for clothes and enjoy your time there while it lasts. Wait till you enter the workforce, then you will need those material things to distract you from how shitty your life has become. Until then live it up.

9 people like this.
  2. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

If what you're saying is true, and you're not just trolling, you're living a completely fucked up life. Check yourself.

Eating cookies twice a day, not spending time with your friends, going hungry, all the while you're in college? You actually can't afford $3k in jackets. Having money to spend on something doesn't mean you can afford it.

2 people like this.
  3. chupas

chupas Well-Known Member

Congratulations on being, like, the one poor person left in San Francisco though.

2 people like this.
  4. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

+1

5. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

Have not lol'd this hard in this thread in a long time. $5 cookies was one of the best things I've read in a while.

2 people like this.
  6. cellardoors

cellardoors Well-Known Member

And yet people who get offended by jokes about waiting for 3k call it trolling. smh...

7. B0Bs4g3t

But seriously: What kind of cookies are you eating? Chocolate chip? Sugar? Assorted?

3 people like this.
  8. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Moreover, are the chocolate chips they're using good quality? Are the cookies thick and chewy or thin and brittle? How long do you have to wait between the time you pay for them and the time you can eat them?

1 person likes this.
  9. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Well-Known Member

cookie pics please?

1 person likes this.
  10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. SloppyJoes

BAD BOY COOKIES 2015

[​IMG]

Vintage style chocolate chip cookies – large 4 inch cookies made with organic clarified butter and topped with a pinch of cocaine. Cookie dough comes standard.

Chocolate: White, Dark, Milk, Semisweet, Hazelnut

Dough: Plain, Oatmeal, Whole Grain, Gluten-Free

Optional: Vegan

Baker's Dozen: USD $50 shipped

Extra Nutella Topping: USD $10

The ordering process is simple; email templeofjawnz@gmail.com with the number of cookies you’re interested in commissioning, and we will send you a swift reply and talk about cookie options with you. Because we make each cookie one by one with unique topping and dough, and relative to the order in which they were commissioned, depending on the time of year and item, lead times are generally around 1-2 years at the moment.

Alright, the definitive size guide

[​IMG]

Step 1: measure the distance from the bottom of your nose to the bottom of your upper lips (measurement 1)
    Step 2: measure the distance from the bottom of your chin to the top of your lower lips (measurement 2)

[​IMG]

Step 3: Smile! Then measure the following distances according to the picture above
    Step 4: calculate your BMI
    Step 5: calculate your TDEE

That’s all we need for mouth measurements. Don’t forget to tell me your height and weight as well as whether or not you plan to bulk or cut.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    65 people like this.
  12. B0Bs4g3t

Question: Can I customize my cookies? I'd be willing to pay $50-80 more for some premium upgrades, not sure if you have access to that sort of stuff.

Edit: Actually, dude this is such a rip-off, why would you actually want to get these "Asian-made" cookies when you can just get these American made cookies right away, for a cheaper price? This seems kind of sketchy that we would have to wait so long for some cookies that we've spent so much money on, when I could just go out and buy these:

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. SloppyJoes

you can probably have those premium upgrades, provided I can find the right ingredients beforehand. I make wishes come true on a regular basis.

14. SloppyJoes

I'm getting a lot of questions... asking me what my opinions are between Plain and Oatmeal.

For those wondering what the difference is between Plain and Oatmeal,

Plain is what's shown on the catalog
    Oatmeal looks like this:

[​IMG]

The texture of plain is smooth and buttery. It melts in your mouth.
    Oatmeal has a rough texture. It ages well and crumbles in your mouth.

If this is your first time ordering, I recommend going with the plain. It's easier to digest, makes less of a mess and it IS what TOJ cookies are known for
    Oatmeal... is rougher and throws crumbs everywhere. It's more of an acquired taste but once it's broken up and masticated in your mouth, it feels as soft as the plain.

Also, thinking about offering a TOJ Charly Special Cookies edition. You'd assume it'd be thicker cookies, but it's actually paper thin.

18 people like this.
  15. ninopwns

ninopwns Well-Known Member

Would they be made in batch orders?

16. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

Nearly died reading this. This post better get 100 likes.

1 person likes this.
  17. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

The biggest injustice of this ToJ debacle is the amount of time it has sucked out of my life coming here to read ridiculous posts about cookies and Drew's cocaine habit.

Seriously though Masshi do you really eat cookies for breakfast every day? I know you are Asian and ectomorph and all that, but seriously dude.

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

Cocaine is a hell of a drug -Rick James

1 person likes this.
  19. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

the most surprising thing to come out of this thread is the fact that sinnedk knows who rick james is

2 people like this.
  20. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

Oh my god, I can't stop thinking about poor poor @masshi. I keep picturing him sitting in his dorm room miserable and alone, nibbling on cookies while everyone around him is having the time of their lives. Some cute coed comes by and asks him if he's coming out tonight and that she really hopes to see him at the Delta Sig party later since everyone who goes is always so lame. All he can do is shake his head no and hold back the tears. He spends that night reading this thread over a quiet dinner of boiled hot dogs and mustard packets while that cute coed hooks up with some other guy who should have been him all because he donated $3K to Drew that should have been used for a social life. Who knows maybe the guy she hooks up with is actually Drew himself. He was in town for the weekend visiting his younger brother who goes to the same college as masshi. That would be the ultimate insult.

25 people like this.