1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

1month mark on my collared moto, kicking myself for not ordering like 1-2 wks earlier and getting in on first batch.

2. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Well-Known Member

Freakin Wow Just as I was imagining it. The 4 pocket one is growing on me. Just wish the pocket zips were similar to the main body zip. Kind of has a nipple piercing vibe to it XFD.
    Lol that's exactly what I'm feeling. [​IMG] It's like impossible to find a pre-owned size 52 moto though. Please TOJ...please.... [​IMG]

3. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Lol that's exactly what I'm feeling. [​IMG] It's like impossible to find a pre-owned size 52 moto though.

Please TOJ...please....
    [​IMG]

fyi that is my exact jacket, the first one made (the best one [​IMG])

4. Kagemusha

Yea, it's amazing, I absolutely love it. It's a shame the new zippers literally kill it that much for me. In my opinion the new zippers take away from the masculinity and ruggedness of the moto. Make it look 'softer'. Has anybody really inquired from the main guy at TOJ about changing them? I mean I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal to just install a different zipper...

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seeing these two on the same page just drove home for me how far the temple's come. Although part of me does want to see (some kind) of return of the four panel back. Was that really just an inferior design?

6. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Well-Known Member

Yea, it's amazing, I absolutely love it. It's a shame the new zippers literally kill it that much for me. In my opinion the new zippers take away from the masculinity and ruggedness of the moto. Make it look 'softer'. Has anybody really inquired from the main guy at TOJ about changing them? I mean I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal to just install a different zipper...

Yes, it's been inquired and no, the zippers cannot be changed.

Honestly, it's not a deal-breaker for me. I sort of like the dangly zippers in a way, not my personal cup of tea, but I could certainly live w/ them

BTW I love the minimalist moto. Will def be ordering one sooner or later

7. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I really like the uniqueness of the zippers used by ToJ on the DR/Moto. I saw several DRs at Barneys with regular zippers and they looked 'meh' to me.

Also, I've been pondering...what would actually work with the blue leather? I'm thinking the QDR since it's more out there. Can't really see it with anything else.

I wish there was a comparison shot between red leather and burgundy HH to show how far a part the hues are.

8. onetwozoo

onetwozoo Well-Known Member

What about the zipper that is used on the bomber? It seems different. However, such a small detail should not be decisive.

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to remind everyone that after today I will no longer be on the business end of TOJ.

However, TOJ unit/family/whatever you want to call it, forevzzzzz lol happy jawnz upon all.

- Charly

10. Kagemusha

What about the zipper that is used on the bomber? It seems different. However, such a small detail should not be decisive.

It is when it's silver and 4 of them are dangling/staring everyone in the face. [​IMG]

11. LPatterson

LPatterson Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to remind everyone that after today I will no longer be on the business end of TOJ.

However, TOJ unit/family/whatever you want to call it, forevzzzzz lol happy jawnz upon all.

- Charly

[​IMG]

Thanks for all the sizing help. Think my collared moto ships today (God I hope so) and I'm sure your measurements will work well.

12. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

- Charly

How much longer you have left in Korea? Still feel sorta bad you weren't able to go out to Itaewon a week or so ago since we had a table in Rococco and some cool people to talk to (4 models, couple producers, etc).

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thanks for all the sizing help. Think my collared moto ships today (God I hope so) and I'm sure your measurements will work well.

plano, right? yep, it'll be going out [​IMG]

How much longer you have left in Korea? Still feel sorta bad you weren't able to go out to Itaewon a week or so ago since we had a table in Rococco and some cool people to talk to (4 models, couple producers, etc).

2 weeks man. I'm pretty much an open book and just shoot me a text/call [​IMG]

14. onetwozoo

onetwozoo Well-Known Member

It is when it's silver and 4 of them are dangling/staring everyone in the face. [​IMG]
    Even with the new zippers it is one of the coolest motos out there. I get what you meant though.
    Hey guys, Just wanted to remind everyone that after today I will no longer be on the business end of TOJ. However, TOJ unit/family/whatever you want to call it, forevzzzzz lol happy jawnz upon all. - Charly
    Goodbye mrchariybrown.
    We're gonna make some belts sometime. We have the resources to make the thick 10oz+ bridle leather belts but frankly there are already a lot of those out there and I've never found that look attractive, that may be because I'm not the biggest guy and a 10oz 2.5" wide belt with huge buckle frankly looks silly on my size 28 jeans, as I imagine it does for a lot of dudes. A case of overkill there. I prefer smaller, minimal belts myself, in soft leather that doesn't kill you when you sit down, so that is what I'll be going for.
    Any updates on this one? I'll be waiting.

15. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

- Charly

You will be missed, dude.

It's been a pleasure shooting countless emails with you for all 5 jackets in the last several months.

1 person likes this.
  16. Vaio

Vaio Well-Known Member

bye charly i love you!!!

<33333333333333333333333333333333333333333

p.s. thanks for putting up with my millions of emails about muh dr.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help Charly! Hope we didn't drive you nuts too much.

One more grey suede MDR pic.
    [​IMG]

18. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help Charly! Hope we didn't drive you nuts too much.

One more grey suede MDR pic.
    [​IMG]

What's the width of the upper arm (bicep) area? 7''?

19. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Haven't measured it but I had it decreased to 6.6", very minor adjustment from 7" suggested.

20. woody^^

woody^^ Well-Known Member

Just ordered a beige Baseball Jacket and a Classic shirt... Thought I would finally stop lurking.

Glad I got to deal with you before you left Charly!