1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Because there is no $$ to pay them! Other priorities.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Maybe we can help by making a spreadsheet.

13 people like this.
  3. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

We're going to make a tumblr for that. It needs pictures.

1 person likes this.
  4. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Well-Known Member

B0B-gallery.com

2 people like this.
  5. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

If you come clean my house, do you promise to make that face of yours the whole time?

6. KuDeTa

KuDeTa Active Member

Concur with the above. We need to forward something through Charly.

The outline of a letter...let us keep it civil and to the point.... I've been lurking, incredulously, for a long while. Still waiting on my Moto (November '13)... Apologies for any SPG, 'writing this on my phone on a bus in central London.

Drew,

This situation has become intolerable for those currently waiting on jackets, refunds, etc. You should understand that the groundswell of opinion in the TOJ thread has recently shifted considerably. To put it simply, we are fed up with your shit. Many of us (the silent minority) perfectly understand that things go wrong, and have our own busy lives to lead - we were content on the basis of past performance to think you would come good eventually. Good will has run out. We have been and still are willing to wait on the proviso that you're immediately forthcoming and reliable from this point forward. As it stands, we cannot help but assume that you have spent our money on your restaurant, not least because of the slow, at times non-existent pace of production and because we understand Charly and Dan have not be paid for a year. This is unacceptable.

If not roused by some concern for your many patient and exceedingly loyal customers, know that should we not receive an adequate response to the points outlined below then TOJ is likely to start receiving chargebacks, where that is still possible, and at the minimum the reputation of the brand and your name will soon beyond any repair, should you still plan to continue the business at some later date.

Please answer the following

1. A detailed ETA for those with Jackets still remaining. At the minimum we expect you to tell us how many Jackets are being made per week or month and how many orders remain on the books. You might be tempted to come back to and tell us vaguely of the cyclical production of various styles. Irrespective, we demand an unequivocal response with clear delivery dates (month of delivery) for every order remaining and we expect you to stick to it.
    2. When, again, precisely when, you intend to fulfill refunds.
    3. The status of any remaining backpacks and wallets.
    4. A commitment to post at least bi-monthly and keep us in the loop.

A public apology and honest accounting of what exactly happened here are the least you could do to allay concerns and might begin to mend the epic PR clusterfuck this has become.

1 person likes this.
  7. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

IF you want to go that route, use the one where you send poop and then have a Korean speaking friend call the food authorities and have them come the day, the parcel arrives.

/evil genius

1 person likes this.
  8. B0Bs4g3t

Of course!

And as far as that letter goes, how do you think you'll keep him accountable to any of that? It sounds threatening, and if he's already laughing in our faces, why would he not just show you his middle finger and laugh some more at that.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I suggest making it three sentences, he's not going to read through all that shit.

1 person likes this.
  10. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Xo.

Re: the letter... there is basically no way for us to make Drew accountable at this point. We've discussed it ad nauseum and short of pulling a real douchebag move and, say, bad mouthing Libertine online, we can't do anything that will threaten his income sources or whatever. Best we can do is organize, write, and co-sign a letter asking for some basic decency.

To KuDeTa, thanks for getting that started. I'll have some comments/additions later tonight.

11. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

Don't have a horse in this race at all, but if the path to justice is lined with poop then I think things are going in the right direction.

3 people like this.
  12. LaymanX

LaymanX Well-Known Member

This is the best line of the day

13. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Drew is literally partying every night with hot girls in his expensive restaurant paid for by YOUR money

He takes them home in his bmw and violently fornicates them while laughing at this pitiful thread

6 people like this.
  14. ter1413

Nice letter...but I am sure that this won;t help at all.

1, 2 & 3.......You are not gonna get that info. Even if you got a vague response, I would imagine that deadlines would be broken as soon as you finish reading the response.
    4. You ain't gonna get that either. Even if he agrees to do that, I would imagine that as soon as you finish reading the response, he would disappear.

This is my take:
    There has been no "threat" against ToJ. Yeah..people are bitching via this thread. People are threatening chargebacks. People are threatening to go to his restaurant. Yeah.

You have been talked out of attempting chargebacks. Drew posts and people who considered chargebacks have changed their mind because they feel their jackets are forthcoming.

So why would Drew(I will play Drew in this scenario) care that you want answers because he(I) received an e-mail speaking for all the customers on the ToJ SF affiliate vendor thread? He knows that this thread wants updates. He is under NO OBLIGATION to give them because there is NO THREAT(except via words) to him(and I don;t mean physical threats...let's get that straight.)

It's not as if an attorney in his home country representing the SF masses sent out that e-mail to him.
    All that e-mail does, IMO, is summarize what this thread has become and has been asking for from ToJ. And what has that accomplished? Zippo!

15. SloppyJoes

Haiku's are most effective:

Distorb has cancer
    B0B about to get herpes
    Please send tee-oh-jay

8 people like this.
  16. chupas

chupas Well-Known Member

And to add to this, "the restaurant really fucked everything up" would probably be true even if the dude didn't have a completely unrelated business with a million poorly organized logistical loose ends to tie up. People keep looking for some bad-faith/conspiratorial motive, but unless Korea is just worlds different, opening up a restaurant sounds like a complete nightmare even when things go really well. For an unmotivated guy with the aforementioned logistical issues... well, you can see how we might get to this point. I'm definitely not making excuses for him -- this is a really shitty and amateurish way to treat your customers -- but it's not like it takes some stealth drug habit or secret money-funneling plot to lead to these results.

2 people like this.
  17. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Well-Known Member

On the real, have any of you actually even attempted a chargeback or is it just internet threats in hopes to get your jacket made faster?

At this point, if your credit card company will oblige, just fucking do it.

1 person likes this.
  18. B0Bs4g3t

Please...I already have it.

1 person likes this.
  19. ter1413

:eh:

20. SloppyJoes

Jokes aside... I'm glad you have a good sense of humor. I do feel like a huge asshole for treating you like a whore (i apologize if you do)... but TBH it feels great! And this is just from one person. I couldn't even begin to imagine how much of a high Drew feels from making us all his bitches.