1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. BluePlateKing

BluePlateKing Well-Known Member

They have crazy good resell value so you're good either way.

2. localharvest

localharvest New Member

Anyone interested in a 2010 2.2 brown bomber with riri zipper? Hasn't been getting any wear in some time. Similar to a size 50 with added lengths. PM me.

3. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

No it's absolutely not worth all of the crap. Do I still want my fucking jacket? Yes. If I could would I go back and choose a different MTM option? Yes.

At this point though honestly I would be equally fine with a refund or a jacket. It is probably easier to sit tight and hope for a jacket than it is to ask for a refund, so here I am.

It really is amazing how much that restaurant has apparently fucked everything up, whether because of money or because of time.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  4. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

IMO they only have resell value because (some) people still insist on paying out the ass for them (or at least, close to their retail price). Whether that's justified or not--justified by the quality and what not--I don't know. I assume they are good, but *how* good..? $800 good, at best.

I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised to see their prices crater in the future.

Glad to see we don't think it's worth this crap, at least. On principle I'd hate to lose a cent either way, so it's quite aggravating to have $800 held up by some dude I'll never even meet. In retrospect I do regret falling for the hype but eh.

Summer's going to keep me busy in Europe but if things worsen and people want to group together to try and make this guy's life a bit shittier until our jackets arrive, count me in.

5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

fuck drew

he fucking stole my $800

fuck him!!!!!

2 people like this.
  6. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  7. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

This is sort of where I am at the moment tbh, even though the fact that people who ordered around when I did are starting to get theirs (and so maybe I will sometime this year.) How many times do you wear it before it's a cool jacket and not "that goddamned jacket I waited 90 weeks for from..." etc

8. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Like who? All these nebulous references to Toj fanboys defending the brand, but I haven't seen anything like that in months.

9. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

10. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

That's the cost of doing business and airing complaints on an online forum.

11. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Well-Known Member

Lets just rename this thread again:

The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, alternatives, chargebacks, etc...

5 people like this.
  12. LaymanX

LaymanX Well-Known Member

He runs a restaurant, an establishment that lives or dies with public reviews/opinions.

It's a dirty move, but one of the few times I saw someone get their refund processed was when the guy threatened him with a chargeback.

13. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that if Drew's restaurant went belly-up, he could easily get back on this forum give some sorry excuse/sob story and all would be forgiven thanks to his fervent fanboys.

I'd say the best thing about this whole mess, is that WAYWT is soooo much better now without so many ill-fitted TOJ's/CP fits.

Will say though-TOJ used great lambskin leather.

14. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

15. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

This is what I'm looking for. Hopefully people in a size 50-52 have the same experience as you! Too many smalls listed there...

16. LaymanX

LaymanX Well-Known Member

My point is that he responds quickly to people who have leverage on him and blissfully ignores everyone else.

17. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

So I was told. And I'm willing to grant that they used very nice lambskin--for the price. But how good is it? I'm not an expert on leather jackets, but I've encountered some lamb leathers that were amazingly smooth, supple--just clearly luxurious. And since I got into Rick Owens not too long ago, I've molested a few of the earlier pieces. My own intarsia from the Crust collection--hammered lamb--is easily now one of my favorite jackets. Right now there's an RO Crust intarsia on grailed for about 900--not too much more than a TOJ.

So really, unless someone is absolutely dead set on MTM--and remember, Drew himself mentioned that most people can do without MTM (something I concur with)...you can probably do much better than TOJ for the price.

As for the restaurant review thing...first time someone's come out and openly said it. Yes, that is a powerful option these days. We should keep it in mind.

18. ninopwns

ninopwns Well-Known Member

Exactly. Not to single Charly out, because he is our last hope and savior and he has good intentions, but it seems like he has fallen out with Drew ever since he stopped getting paid. I'd say we should ask Charly to contact Drew, but I have no clue what their relationship is like now.

19. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Leaving fake reviews about his restaurant seems like a shitty move guys :/

7 people like this.
  20. goldenbear

goldenbear Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the glitter or the chargeback? Ive done the chargeback multiple times in the past and wouldnt hesitate to use it again. In this situation there is no doubt I would have done it. And I would have also contacted the US division of internet crimes and any organization in South Korea that addresses this sort of problem.