1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Well-Known Member

Just received my 2011 Moto in dark brown goat. The goatskin is a bit thinner than I expected, but fit is spot on. Order placed Aug 2013.

Being nice and polite to Charly seems to get my jackets done faster..

1 person likes this.
  2. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

3. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

This thread is still entertaining......

4. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

This is impossible. I've always been polite to Charly and I'm getting close to 90 weeks now. I wish there was a "cash in" program, e.g., I throw in extra $100, or even $200, and receive my jacket by the end of this week.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Paypal me $200 and I'll promise to get it delivered within 72hrs. My email is: asuckerisborneveryminute@scam.com

3 people like this.
  6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Drew is too busy sniffing cocaine in the back off limos off the brown nipples of korean prostitutes to address you common peasantry.

7. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

People were laughing about 2 years wait but you're getting close.
    I have an april 2014 spot, I was told it would be done by the end of June 2015 but for some reason I really doubt it...

8. mzez

mzez Well-Known Member

no way, i'm just hoping 2013 orders get done this year

9. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

Geez. What did you order?

10. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

almost one year on the small zip wallet

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

:rotflmao:

1 person likes this.
  12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Seriously, there are so many possibilities out there that are as good or better. Just do yourself a favor and get one of those. The jackets, I sorta see the point of fretting about. Hard to find good fashion leathers in that price range.

1 person likes this.
  13. LA Guy

Oh, incidentally, Shaun of @HonourMark and I have just started sampling for our very awesome, top secret, goat moto, a collaboration between Honourmark and Johnson's, for Styleforum (I will not say I am a collaborator, so much as an instigator, initiator, and retailer).

More details (and a dedicated thread) to come.

3 people like this.
  14. Mr. Moo

Johnsons in SF? Nice. Should be an excellent jacket. What role is HonourMark playing?

15. theamericanist

theamericanist Well-Known Member

@Melbush , when were you told July 2015? I wish that was true since my order was 2/14.

16. LA Guy

Yes, Johnson's in SF. Shaun @HonourMark made a very nice pattern that will work for most body types. Johnson's has construction quality that matches up with anyone out there. However, the patterns are fairly traditional. They will work with a client to adjust the pattern, yes, but you have to be in San Francisco to do that. And unless you are a designer, it's hard to get a fashion jacket dialed in. I think that your jacket turned out pretty well, but there are some fit issues (no offense, it was a good jacket, for sure) that could have been fixed with an outerwear designer who works on fashion outerwear working with you on the fit.

Shaun has over a decade of experience doing outerwear for fashion companies. I first saw his jacket "by accident". We were meeting to talk about other stuff, and he just happened to be wearing it - he tells me he wears it every day, so I think that it was only an accident insofar as we made plans to meet pretty last minute. I thought "Oh man, I really want one of those, and even tried his on. Of course, it didn't fit, since I have 2-3" and 25 lbs on him, but I could tell that the fit was dialed in to the fashion customer. His personal jacket is the pattern on which we are building this jacket. We are actually sampling the jacket at a size above his, at a medium, and we will grade accordingly.

Hope you'll jump on the bandwagon and get one of these.

17. Mr. Moo

Cool beans.

I am selling my Johnson, actually. But not for any fit or quality reasons - just not wearing it enough (no time, etc.).

I'll see how this turns out and make my decision then. Good luck!

18. LA Guy

Yeah, for sure. Like I said, I think that your jacket, at least from pics, turned out really nice. But I think that it is just a hair away from a "fashion" jacket. I personally really like all sorts of jackets, including ones that are updated but still classic, and I own a few. But a lot of guys want something more generally accessible. So, I think that we've found something.

19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

I've been carrying my money and cards in my pocket like an IDIOT waiting over a year for this STUPID WALLET...

1 person likes this.
  20. Trit

Trit Well-Known Member

That brings up a good point. Have any of you guys in this thread actually bought another jacket/wallet/bag to replace the item you're still waiting for? You're not going cold for two falls and springs, I'd hope. Do share.

1 person likes this.