1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. misterswag

misterswag Well-Known Member

Can we still sell spots?! I've got a daypack with my name (IT COULD BE YOURS!!) on it ready to go for $360. That $20-ish dollar discount is so I never hear from you or this bag again.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Well-Known Member

I think charly said he's no longer involving himself in queue spot sales.

EDIT:

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Daypacks were all made already.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

::Considering starting a Kickstarter campaign to buy your spot so we never have to hear from you again::

5. misterswag

Shouldn't your poor ass be out there working a 2nd job to afford a SLP jacket?

1 person likes this.
  6. Raf Swimmins

Raf Swimmins Member

It's almost March, an update would be nice/ reasonable

7. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Well-Known Member

Price was way too good. Couldn't pass it up for sub 4

8. StPauli

StPauli Well-Known Member

Yea TOJ is no longer selling spots, but individuals are allowed to do so at their own risk then confirm with Charlie.

Previously Charlie would find a buyer for someone with a spot for sale.

9. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Of all the assholes that have polluted this thread over the years, the guy who did the chargeback on another member was the fucking worst.

10. StPauli

StPauli Well-Known Member

Yea I remember that, though I think he didn't actually go through with it. He threatened the guy to do it which was, terrible in its own right. It's terrible because anyone who buys a spot now should be perfectly aware of what's going on. I will not sell one of my spots to someone who isn't informed about this thread.

11. misterswag

While the guy who did a chargeback on another member was out-of-line, I think the tendency of this thread is to continually shift blame away from Drew/TOJ Management. He doesn't participate in this thread, so posters are left to bark among themselves as if one posters words or actions have been the cause of decline for a business that was falling apart well before the thread madness began.

It's been several months since Drew has provided an update. What was it, sometime in early December? It's nearly been a quarter of a year since Drew has said anything directly to SF about TOJ.

1 person likes this.
  12. FatCatPhil

FatCatPhil Well-Known Member

But then who would educate the poor fuckers that we are into graduating into the elite RO stuff so we can all be goth ninjas on sufu, the holy grail of everything desirable that gives life its true meaning?

13. Spaghettimatt

Drew's last update was 4 weeks ago dude: http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/

And it was posted in this thread.

Nobody is shifting blame away from Drew/maybe Dan. Everybody is justifiably pissed at Drew. The motherfucker threatening a chargeback on another poster is an entirely different issue.

14. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

No one's fucking shifting blame from TOJ. You're just annoying as fuck and getting mad at the wrong people. Why the fuck were you getting pissy at Charly? He's done his part and shouldn't be held accountable once shit is out of his hands. God, you're such a fucking brat.

2 people like this.
  15. misterswag

Yeah, totally overlooked that. My bad. I'm really looking for a "state of the union" update though. Not a "hey we need to clear up some names and address business" style update. I want to know whats going on with the whole she-bang.

16. nahneun

Yes, it is your fucking bad. Now shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down. Are you that fucking dense and entitled that you believe Drew's going to magically swoop in and fill you in on ALL the fucking details of his life just to satisfy your bitch ass?

3 people like this.
  17. Spaghettimatt

This is a little harsh. He isn't wrong that Drew and Dan's complete lack of regular communication (and accountability, really) is disappointing.

Edited

18. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Hold up. Dan has no accountability in regards to communication.

2 people like this.
  19. phyills

phyills Well-Known Member

r u lonely?

3 people like this.
  20. nahneun

If it hasn't happened yet, it's probably never going to happen. Stop getting your hopes up for an update and just fucking wait now that you see orders starting to trickle out. You'll sleep better at night and have less stress.

no, i'm a misanthrope who has very little faith in the vast majority of humankind.

2 people like this.