1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. misterswag

misterswag Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I haven't really kept up with the spreadsheet but I was under the assumption someone was ticking off orders. Last I had looked at it (this was over a two months ago) people were noting what was received and what had not been.

Yeah, the data is likely faulty though if drew really said there's some 200 odd orders left to fill, the spreadsheet probably did at some point represent a fair amount of the outstanding orders. As it was customer entered data, it's easy to discount as unreliable though so no use in arguing it further.

If drew's stated output is true, they're getting through a quarter of the outstanding orders every month. They should be done by what? May or June. God and Drew willing.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Well-Known Member

next month? What about this month?

3. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  4. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

he said the toj factory is closed down for Presidents' Day all month.

2 people like this.
  5. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

ftfy

1 person likes this.
  6. Spaghettimatt

Haha. Yeah that actually is pretty likely.

Have you been snapchatting with BeamersBaconBitches too?

1 person likes this.
  7. caid-bp7

caid-bp7 Active Member

You don't? Charly is just a dude with access to the toj e-mail account at this point. You aren't going through him for anything.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

The spreadsheet is likely to be unreliable because it's not a representative sample. It's a self-selected group that is highly biased. You really think that someone who got their jacket is just as likely to have put their order on the spreadsheet and then added "and I got it." as someone who hasn't yet received their jacket? Or do you think that people are as likely to report that they've gotten their jacket and update the spreadsheet accordingly as they were to register the un-delivered jacket to begin with?

I used to do a fair bit of survey work in my academic days, and looking out for biased results was a big part of getting an accurate representation. This comes nowhere even close. And it doesn't take an expert to see that. (The expertise in in conducting surveys without biases in the questions, which can be difficult to do.)

Certainly, there are undelivered jackets, and Drew dropped the ball. I don't think that any of that is in question. But it's best to concentrate on helping to solve the issue by helping to remove the bottlenecks rather than to try to draw unsubstantiable conclusions that do not move the needle.

10 people like this.
  9. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Well-Known Member

I just don't see how the owner of the company is unable to calculate on average how many jackets are being produced per week and compare that with the total jackets still left to at least give a decent idea of eta. Every day it isn't done is a day of dropping the ball. Charly has done his job, there's really nothing we can ask him though.

10. nahneun

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Spaghettimatt

OK and what are you going to do?

1 person likes this.
  12. nahneun

obviously he's going to continue being a basic bitch

2 people like this.
  13. aza

aza Member

So from the last update I saw there were a couple of unlabelled jackets which I am pretty sure one of them is mine. I tried replying to the email thread as well as messaging him here as well about it but still have not received a response (couple of months now). I even updated him on Dec 9 about the address and name and what not. Any suggestions on what I can do?

14. Spaghettimatt

Pray.

Seriously though, try messaging Charly on this thread next time he's around (this week maybe).

15. BluePlateKing

BluePlateKing Well-Known Member

Make a sacrifice to your Gods.

16. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

I agree. That's always been my rebuttal when people say Asians have a small penis. There's over 1 Billion Asian males, you would have to look at a lot of dicks to be able to conclude we are below average!

1 person likes this.
  17. nahneun

You bought a boxster with a carrera red interior and you're too young to be hitting your midlife crisis. I think I've said enough. :foo:

6 people like this.
  18. PawnchYoFace

PawnchYoFace Well-Known Member

LOL omg youre in toronto right now? im the guy that bought your ivory moto LOL! why couldnt u have just brought it with u!

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Asian Man Rebukes Asian Stereotype Joke With Simple Mathematical Logic

21 people like this.
  20. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

I thought you promised you werent coming back to this thread