1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

More pics!

2. Matsa

Matsa Well-Known Member

All of those jackets are easy to wear in my opinion. I refuse to use the word "swag" other than ironically but yes, I am confident I can pull off a 2010DR but I still prefer the MDR. I like the hem better on that one. Got an olive 4zip MDR ordered in January 2014, wonder if I can get it before Mars (doubt it personally). Going to see Dropkick Murphys in Dublin on St Patrick's day and I think it would be a good jacket for the occasion.

3. Matsa

Matsa Well-Known Member

Not that it matters btw but I think oxblood will look better in a 2010 or 2013 DR and that electric blue DR wss awesome. Grey and olive are colors I like in MDR and black is cool in anything. A lot of personal preferences.

4. overtone

overtone Well-Known Member

Oxblood 2014 DR with silver zips would be something special.

5. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

Just realized I got gunmetal instead of silver zippers on my oxblood MDR. Looks pretty good, although silver would be good too.

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

You asked for silver? or just forgot

7. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

I asked for silver, got gunmetal instead.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

what if TOJ starts randomly altering peoples orders very inconspicuously on items people won't necessarily notice just to drive the 2nd hand market.

1 person likes this.
  9. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

so where do you guys have your DR's front length ending at?

i wear my jeans "high and fitted" on the butt and have my jacket ending right at the top of my belt

i'm wondering, though, whether an 18" front length and a 24.75" sleeve length is going to make the jacket look too cropped (and no, i don't think my arms are especially long or anything; maybe i measured wrong? do those numbers look funny?)

and echoing this, i also haven't been able to get my measurements confirmed

normally wouldn't mind it taking a while, but i feel like with the recent influx in production and their picking up the pace (assuming it's legit), i'm worried that my jacket will miss being produced as early as it could have (9/25/2013 order date; 2013 DR)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  10. Distorbiant

[​IMG]

God this brand is so fucked.

11. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

This, along with the change in spec for the daypacks is making me seriously doubt ToJ's standard of quality right now.
    Supposedly, he's preparing a large batch of jackets but at the same time he's sacrificing attention to detail to get the products out.

I opted to pay more for excella zippers and bemberg lining so this worries me.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  12. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Although it would be hilarious to see a TOJ crop top jacket, 18" front length is laughable. Doesn't matter how much you hike up your pants. Surprised they let you order that. What was the suggestion.

Plus, are you really going for the hiking up your pants with a cropped t shirt and cropped jacket look?

Drew's styling for his jackets is the complete opposite. long tee and sagged jeans.

13. Distorbiant

I am almost 100% certain that I won't get the Bemberg lining I paid extra for.

14. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

I asked for Silver and also received Gunmetal not too long ago but I'd rather not send it back and wait a few more months for a simple zipper swap.

15. Spaghettimatt

Masshi how tall are you that you asked for an 18" front length? I'm 5'3" ish and asked for 19.5-20".

16. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

[​IMG] we've all waited so long for our jackets that by the time it arrives and there's a mistake in spec, we're willing to overlook the blunder but that doesn't make it any less frustrating or right.

17. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

I'm not sure overlook is the right word for this. There's not much we can really do from our position to rectify the situation.

18. dvskei

dvskei Well-Known Member

lol wow
    same sleeve length and 21" front

rest of the measurements;
    shoulders 17.5
    chest (p2p) 22.0
    midsection 19.0
    waist 19.5
    body length, front 22.0
    body length, back 24.1
    sleeve length, from shoulder 24.5
    sleeve width @ pit 7.5
    sleeve width @ elbow 6.5
    sleeve width @ cuff 4.9

19. Distorbiant

If they're fucking up something as simple as zippers, how do we know they'll get our measurements correct?

20. Spaghettimatt

I don't understand how he can have a 24+" sleeve and 18" front length. I'm like 21.5" sleeve and 19-20" front and I guarantee I'm shorter than him.