1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Well-Known Member

My man. Makes cents then.

I went to Rider and pass through the area all the time. I've linked with Okay WoW (TypeRPinoy on NT) at Winberie's in Princeton once and head there for happy hour ever now and again. Let me know if you ever wanna grub man.

2. murphykobe

murphykobe Member

Did u mean Somerset at Troy, MI ?

3. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Well-Known Member

Nah sorry, NJ.

4. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Thanks. Provides some real-world context. I guess I'm more or less convinced now that this isn't worth prolonging past the new year. At least it'll be nice to begin the year without this ill-advised hangover.

5. veekta

veekta Well-Known Member

from the pics it looks like hes made a total of 4 new wool vests in the last 5 months, so yes, 4 days work

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  6. ahrange

ahrange Active Member

How would a chargeback work if you bought a spot? This is insane.

7. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Well-Known Member

looks like the jokes on me. payed with paypal bank account

3 people like this.
  8. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Well-Known Member

what a nightmare.i can post the threads from car forums where engine builders have done almost the same exact thing. They build up a decent rep, get people to go all in and then start throwing out excuses fordelays and maybe do something here and there and then disappear with people's stuff and money.i haven't seen it on this scale though. My confidence in drew is pretty much gone. We need to start seeing full leathers being produced and sent out in timely fashion.

9. voinekku

voinekku Active Member

Now, doesn't he own a restaurant in Seoul and is extremely easily found? Not exactly "disappeared". He could easily face legal consequences if it was an elaborate scam. He would suffer greatly. I have no idea what happened with the troubles, but I assume it is minor miscalculations and mistakes in his business affairs. Happens to best of us at times. You also have to keep the possible culture differences in mind when it comes to openly talking about one's troubles if you want to bring up the lack of communication.

Sorry for the speculation, couldn't help it.

I really hope he can win the struggle and get the jackets done so we all can remember ToJ(at least this first generation) as a brand which delivered amazing goods with bargain price, ran into troubles and pushed through them. If he can't, my condolences to him and to everyone losing their money(including me).

10. thatboyo

thatboyo Well-Known Member

it doesnt
    if you sent money to someone other than the toj gmail acc, then if you file a chargeback you're only screwing the original buyer

11. peternorth

peternorth Well-Known Member

someone is always left holding the bag, better do your chargebacks sooner than later.

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

nm.

13. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Well-Known Member

that feel when you bought more than 1 jacket and have received 0.

3 people like this.
  14. MauriSSio

considering nobody knows what the heck is going on and he's not exactly easily accessible to the majority of his customers, yeah I would say that's pretty close to disappearing.

A minor miscalculation would have delayed the jackets by a couple weeks, a month tops. This is a systemic problem. Considering they were moving goods at a consistent pace before, something doesn't make sense that it just all stopped. It's almost as if the money collected from the last year was diverted to some other endeavor. What other excuse can it be? I just want what I ordered soon. I was going to say "in a reasonable time" but it's already WELL WELL beyond that.

1 person likes this.
  15. MauriSSio

i can only imagine. I only have one, but damn one's enough to make me uneasy

16. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

I bought 5 and received 4.

17. MauriSSio

you're batting .800. You're doing good for yourself. If you never get that 5th one, at least you can try to rationalize it by telling yourself you paid almost 1000 per jacket.

3 people like this.
  18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Any instagram pics posted today? I think drew banned me from it LOL

19. azif

azif Well-Known Member

Can you even charge back a credit card after 18 months, i thought the limit was 3 months.

20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

That's for delivered goods.

For goods that were promised and never delivered, you can chargeback for quite a long time.

edit:
    65 weeks here so far.

Also, 6 weeks since I requested my refund.

What the fuck. It takes 6 weeks to click a couple buttons? Come on.