1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Can we please keep this community peaceful.

We are all brothers here.

1 person likes this.
  2. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

Hey brothers, can you fit a nexus 5 in the MA-1 chest pocket?

3. Distorbiant

Brother, do you mean the wool MA-1? If so, I think it would fit snugly.

My 4.8" phone fits well.

1 person likes this.
  4. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

Actually the leather ma-1 but I assume the pockets the same size.

5. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Don't quote me but if it's the Leather MA1 you may wish to inquire about the CWU-45 pockets.

6. Distorbiant

The pocket is about the perfect size for a normal cell phone. It's pretty nice.

The wool MA-1 is surprisingly practical overall with its five pockets. They're really deep and the inner slash pockets are elevated to feel more like a jacket's inner pockets than typical inverted MA-1 pockets.

t-thanks drew.

7. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

How do you mean? It doesn't have the gas mask chest pocket...

8. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

The Leather MA1 isn't based off the suiting wool, but is a modified version of the CWU45.

Actually, now that I've read your question again, I thought you meant the pocket on the inside of the jacket. In saying that, the pocket size may still be different.

9. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

Hmmm I see.... I'm definitely getting it either way, it would just be nice if it fit my phone.

Looking through the gallery, there's only 3 people in there that have a leather ma-1 with that chest pocket, add that to the 7 waiting on the spreadsheet and when all is said and done there'll be only 10 people in the world with the exact same jacket as me. That's pretty fuckin' cool..

2 people like this.
  10. Distorbiant

Demure, stop, you're going to make me want one, lol.

1 person likes this.
  11. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

After 2 years waiting, they'll probably send me the jacket without the fuckin' pocket and I'll have to send it back...

What jackets do you have and what are you waiting on?

1 person likes this.
  12. sussi

sussi Well-Known Member

I am waiting to get my TOJ0, but I am not in the batch that was shipped I guess, because I didn't get any tracking email or anything. Even if I think I am in the group of first 15 TOJ0s that weren't shipped yet. Still thinking about getting a wool MA-1 and a leather MA-1 when I get the TOJ0.[​IMG]

13. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

It's interesting that... I wonder how big a batch is, like you would think there'd be more than 15 jackets in a batch. How are batch's split, is it every jacket style or a more general all bombers are made by these guys.

I hope when drew shows, he will clue us in to the day to day runnings. At this stage, I think we're entitled to know.

14. Distorbiant

Just a DR 2010 in calf.

I had two but I just requested that Charly refund me for my second order. Hopefully it helps someone else down the line get their jacket faster. At this point I'd strongly prefer to spend my money elsewhere. There are a lot of other great items to buy or things to do in my life with $850 than continue waiting more and more months for a leather jacket.

1 person likes this.
  15. Joona

Joona Well-Known Member

The inner pockets in the leather MA-1 are huge. You'll definitely going to be able to fit any phone there.

1 person likes this.
  16. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

@Joona How warm is the leather ma-1, like it doesn't have the padding of the wool one and people say the leather's a bit thinner. What would you wear it with in winter?

17. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

My iPhone 6+ fits in the Wool MA-1.

1 person likes this.
  18. jim_n

jim_n Well-Known Member

July 30 toj0 was not in the batch just sent out.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  19. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Well-Known Member

How do you know?

For those of us that received an address confirmation email on the 18th of September, what date/s did you order your jackets? Should we update the spreadsheet with a new color or something?

20. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

But what some people need to realize is the ToJ has not posted/updated this thread, e-mailed the customers waiting, etc is because he doesn't HAVE to. Simple.

It doesn't matter that they are providing a shit jacket or a top notch garment. The customer service/level of trying to make this work(SOMEHOW) on their end is nonexistent. And asking "customers" to work with him in a way(and I am cutting through the "red tape") that motivates/is understanding to his situation(s)/is not hostile towards him isn't fail. It just isn't! You pay for a service, you have the right to receive that service or a refund....and at the MIN, some communication re the delay in providing thats service.

Re incentive, how about the money that he has taken from his "customers" who are still waiting, or would just like an UPDATE?

1 person likes this.