1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

August 2013 Toj0 and small zip wallet here. Hope they get here soon

2. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Plus dunno why it not good to wear your TOJ with a collared shirt. It's not like wearing it with a white tee is some magical fit.

dark brown goat after about a year of wear.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    18 people like this.
  3. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Looking tight.

4. ninopwns

ninopwns Well-Known Member

The major problem with this whole situation is that we just don't know what is going on. Drew hasn't been on SF in almost two months. His updates don't say much besides "we don't have supplies" which really doesn't answer anything. If we got weekly updates on jackets being made, when the next shipment will be, and what jacket batch orders are currently in production, worry would die down substantially. Don't tell me that Drew can't give us that information, because that is just ridiculous if he just "doesn't know" about his own god damn company and production.

4 people like this.
  5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Does the silence from Drew strike anyone else as quite odd? It's hard to believe that he's so overwhelmingly busy that he can't take a few minutes out of his week to give us a brief update. His instagram has plenty of lifestyle photographs of him enjoying his life, and he has answered questions occasionally on Instagram as well.

It makes me feel insulted and worthless that I'm not worth even the briefest of updates, not even worth rolling over in bed one morning and skipping out a few sentences on a web forum.

Even worse, when he does update it's always vague language, very nonspecific and noncommittal. It feels almost like PR spin. I honestly don't care about the wait so much as the way I've been treated as a customer and human being, which is utterly disrespected and undervalued at this point.

2 people like this.
  6. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

Well, if he doesnt log on here, whats the best way to bring these issues to his attention?

7. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Well-Known Member

What's the wait time for a refund? Up to a month now?

8. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Well-Known Member

What do you mean next in line? I thought they were all going to be made and sent out in one big batch?

To be fair this thread probably isn't a fun place for Drew to be anymore. Of course that's kind of his fault.

His new baby is Libertine so TOJ customers are like second class citizens. We get the table scraps. We're probably the last thing he thinks about. No need to worry or sweat it since he's got all our money in full.

Link to his instagram? Or is it private?

Crowdfund a ticket to South Korea and promise to GoPro the confrontation. :rotflmao:

1 person likes this.
  9. thinksyncopated

thinksyncopated Well-Known Member

It's some kind of confirmation bias. Those of us who have paid for or bought into spots want to believe that we have spent our money well and will get these products eventually. But it's really unnerving that they have all the money in full and - what if they just disappear and no one ever hears back from them? I don't want to imagine that, but of course, anything is possible.

I also agree that the most frustrating part of all of this is the lack of communication. If Drew were to log on and say "sorry guys! we are working on it. Here is when you can expect to receive your stuff. If you ordered on X, Y, if you ordered on A, B" etc. Even if it's far out in the future, I think it would make everyone feel a little better, knowing that at least it's in progress and not a questionable black hole.

I'm okay waiting as, based on their history and reputation for quality, I still think it's worth the amount I spend for what I will be getting. Is it any way to run a business? Nope, but they are offering something at a price that no one else is...

10. Distorbiant

Ricesuit has already physically visited him in Libertine. Twice, in fact. He knows.

11. chenm0416

chenm0416 Well-Known Member

And it seems like they gave him the same bullshit responses.

12. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Well-Known Member

The thing that confuses me the most is that they won't address people's concerns especially considering the amount of people wanting refunds are growing

13. boned

boned Well-Known Member

You would think his ego would be enough to try and save TOJ's reputation, but instead it's going down the shitter in it's final moments. Bummer.

14. nkwu

nkwu Well-Known Member

has anyone directly picked up their order in South Korea?

15. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

I mainly just want my jacket so I can double guessing my measurements every damn day.

1 person likes this.
  16. theamericanist

theamericanist Well-Known Member

Speaking of second-guessing my measurements: What have you guys found to be appropriate sizing calculations for a tight fit? I have a 40" chest and Charley recommended I go with 21.3". His measurements seemed reasonable until I bought another ToJ in the marketplace and the 21.5" chest was way too loose so I ended up reselling it. Will probably wear mostly t-shirts underneath, assuming I ever get the thing (only 35 weeks in).

17. ambyance

ambyance Well-Known Member

All this talk is hindering my from buying a spot for a third order.... But the first two haven't even come yet. First order was placed last November. Hmm

18. thinksyncopated

thinksyncopated Well-Known Member

When is the last time some received a jacket? Going to assume it was posted here, although I guess it could easily have not been.

19. klonowj

klonowj Well-Known Member

Last time anything was confirmed shipped was this time last month.... Anyone that got a jacket seamed to get it by around Sept 20th - 25th. So at least a month I'd say

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  20. Distorbiant

Getting depressed.

Maybe I should just refund and get a Lewis Leathers and a Vanson.

2 people like this.