1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. fallenwest

fallenwest Well-Known Member

I believe you can pay now and sort out the details a bit later -one of the advantages of a 8 months wait time

of course, you're not exactly doing charly any favours by going that route

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. herragge

herragge Well-Known Member

Bought a DR in black calf recently and felt similarly to some at first when it came out of the box. Was a bit disappointed it wasn't supple and soft as my lamb W/H prototype moto, but my expectations needed to be tempered and altered. After reading through the threads, I am very content to work this jacket in and make it my own, so it takes a life and story of its own. Should be a good work in process; the thickness of the leather is hefty but begins conforming quicker than I thought. Planning on wearing it as much as possible and to see how it changes. Normally I'm not a fan of working in clothing including my selvedge denim, but reading through and it seems worth it.

Thanks for the resources in here, good stuff.

3. desiredname1

desiredname1 Member

is there a referral thing for TOJ?

4. NotClever

NotClever Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure why people all of a sudden are treating lamb as if it is fragile. It's still a pretty solid, thick leather even if it's not calf. It won't melt in rain. I've been caught out in reasonably solid rain a couple times and I just wipe it off and hang it up when I get home and I can't tell the difference afterwards.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

No, only a loyalty discount. More people have hit it than you might think.

Eta: they did have one I remember now, not sure if still going

6. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

7. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

Fair enough - I can only speak about my jackets. FWIW, I posted in this thread a while ago about how my first black lamb TOJ was rather firm and dry, and the second one was comparatively soft. Can't imagine anyone touching either and thinking that either was particularly "luxurious" unless, as I said, said person has literally never set foot in a high end department store or handled luxury gloves or handbags. In any event, I think the TOJ lamb looks and feels great, and has a dense/meaty quality that makes it very nice to wear in cooler weather.

8. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

Been wearing my BCDR with a uniqlo hoodie (mainly because it's cold, rather than a specific look that I usually have) around Tokyo for a few days and am very happy with the jacket. I'll be ordering a collared moto for myself and a quilted BCDR for my GF shortly.

I've read people spotting TOJs in the wild but to be honest, I wouldn't really be able to tell a TOJ on the street.

9. Landscape

Landscape Well-Known Member

How warm is the TOJ Moto compared to the TOJ0? I live in a generally not too warm place, so it'd be nice to get some wear out of the jacket.

10. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Should only take a few wears to get rid of the uncomfortable stiffness it has around the neck and shoulders.

Yeah, lamb's fine in a bit of rain, just try not to get caught out in a torrential downpour and you'll be fine.

11. false

false Well-Known Member

I got caught in a 25 minute Typhoon walking to work in Tokyo and mines still fine. The lamb will loose its high gloss shine after it gets wet but thats inevitable.

12. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

To try and save Charly some time. I sent Charly an email stating I was just about to hit 26 weeks in a couple of days, and whether or not I would be getting my Jacket in the 30 weeks I was advised six weeks ago. Charly said I'm probably looking at closer to 35.

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

14. nyarkies

nyarkies Well-Known Member

I'm exactly at 35 weeks today. :-/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  15. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Also at 35. There are some here that are over 40 weeks in. Some end of June orders just got shipped last week so who the hell knows. I'm guessing maybe there was a massive influx of orders in end of June/early July with the closure announcement, then a taper off through August and after. So wait times might stabilize or reduce at 40 or so.

16. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

noticed that your jacket is on sale

have you contacted them at all yet? do you have like less than a week before you have to leave for the army or something?

17. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

ToJ crew was nice enough to offer me a repair(?) and make it right if I bring the jacket in. I guess adding the quilting over the shoulder isn't too difficult.

However, I just don't have enough time to enjoy the jacket (with the initial wait time I would've had two seasons at least), and I am trying to see if I can just sell the jacket as-is while it is in a new condition.

18. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

Damn they messed up bad. I can't wait to see the toj fanbois try to spin this one...

19. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

ToJ price/quality ratio is still heads and shoulders above everything else, especially when taking into consideration MTM & design/leather/colour choices.

Only problem is wait time and that's not a problem for some people.

20. ricesuit

ricesuit Well-Known Member

on 45th week for a 4z mdr. I don't believe in any assumptions for wait times anymore. They're still shipping out June orders and I ordered mid July, so I'm afraid it'll be even longer. But who knows, because Cole ordered 3 days or so before me and got his DR more than a month ago.