1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. thats.mana

thats.mana Well-Known Member

^^Blew my mind when I seen FUBU in china recently.

2. SmileForum

SmileForum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think for anyone, hair is a more important factor to really making any outfit work, not your skin tone.

3. noobedloser

noobedloser Well-Known Member

@ceoceo that jacket is so nice, sorry to hear that you gotta part with it and it didn't come out correctly. I definitely think that was a good choice of color for the BCDR. It kinda reminds me of Drew's pig sand suede BCDR.

4. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Well-Known Member

Sorry but I think it's fucking ridiculous that you had to wait ten months for a jacket you did not ask for and now have to sell.

12 people like this.
  5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

I have thick black hair [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

I've seen sixteen pictures of Distorbiant, and while I know his family describes his skintone as Bright Whiskey, his color looks different to me in every photo.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

Zero issues.

The only thing that I don't think goes well with Asians is gold rimmed glasses and beige/camel coloured jackets.

The person that worked at the Sunglass Hut actually got offended (white female) when I said I wasn't interested in gold frame sunglasses as if I was crazy...

8. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

It seems to be a personal preference. I actually measure where the hand widens, not the wrist bone and people say the sleeves look too long when I found most seem too short.

Granted on my last BCDR suede, it appears my cuff came out about an inch wider than what it was supposed to be which makes it seem longer.

I'm not picky though, each jacket fits well enough after it's worn in.

Now still waiting on my olive green BCDR with single diamond quilt, my most excited jacket.

9. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

wtf how could this happen? Aren't they supposed to make the exact jacket you ordered? This post makes me anxious.

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

You know they fix mistakes right? Unfortunate, yes, but sometimes there are shipping/order mistakes.

1 person likes this.
  11. clark kent

clark kent Well-Known Member

mistakes obviously happen. especially in such a small operation where everything is hand-made. there has been instances in the past too and that was before the huge order log. they always rectify and usually compensate for it. i wouldnt worry or be anxious about anything. its actually kind of crazy to think that out of the thousands of orders theres only been a few mistakes like that.

2 people like this.
  12. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

This asian gentleman looks baller as hell wearing a brown leather jacket, and he's got the ladies to prove it: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=9315

1 person likes this.
  13. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

You're both crazy. Brown leather jacket and gold rim aviators is about as classic as you can get and looks good on anyone.

Heck, I think that's like the standard outfit for the villain, mafia, old guy, or badass in any korean tv show.

14. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

I agree. However, it doesn't look bad at all. Both the color and fit seems to be pretty much what he was looking for, so if I were him, I'd probably keep the jacket and request some kind of compensation. Of course selling is a good option if he doesn't like the jacket.

15. Distorbiant

TOJ BCDR:
    Navy Lamb or Navy Calf?
    Quilted or unquilted?

16. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Navy lamb chanel quilted

1 person likes this.
  17. Distorbiant

I'm concerned the lapels will be too soft with lamb and never mold properly.

18. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Are you ordering another or changing a current order?

19. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was one of the factors that lead me to go with a DR over a BCDR. I think over time the lapels will fold into proper position. Maybe they just need to be molded properly, a la the great CM collar molding discussion of a year or 2 ago

20. Distorbiant

[–]lfeot 2 points 5 days ago
    Been looking for a nautical sweater like that. w2c? I also got my gf a BCDR (non quilted). Should be coming soon... (ordered July 19)

[–]meat_gazer 3 points 5 days ago
    Considering the wait time, ordering a toj for your SO says more about your commitment than an engagement ring these days.

2 people like this.