1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dgtl-rn

dgtl-rn Well-Known Member

decisions...

the TOJ guys must look at this thread sometimes and be like [​IMG]

2. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

dang guys, unless you really really like a certain design, why wouldn't y'all get really distinct jackets if you're gonna buy more than one

what'll probably happen is that you'll start favoring one over the other anyway, whereas had you another style of jacket it'd be be able to fill another niche (though favoring can still occur of course but at least you'll have more options)

3. Rommel

Rommel Well-Known Member

That's perfect! That will really give me a good idea, my arms are slightly bigger than that (down from 17"), I've stopped doing any work on my biceps and have just relied on weighted dips in an effort to shrink my arms and fit better into clothes.

Thanks!

4. seabrass

seabrass Well-Known Member

I ordered a lamb MA-1 in November. THIS WAIT IS KILLING ME

5. thats.mana

thats.mana Well-Known Member

Can't find any pics of the leather ma-1, links?

Crazy, going through the gallery and seeing all the mis-sizes.

6. PDinh

PDinh Well-Known Member

^look under the CWU link on the gallery.

1 person likes this.
  7. pl0nky

pl0nky Well-Known Member

I think the leather ma1 is in my future. Down the road I'll see if I can get a Toj0 somehow lol. Still really like it so much.

edit: but the toj0 and ma1 are so similar. basically all that's different is the wool body and snaps instead of zippers. maybe a navy/black 0 would be enough to make a difference. The navy is still pretty dark which is good.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  8. dcjohnson

dcjohnson Well-Known Member

November? Try July. I think some people have been waiting since June.
    I'm at 34 weeks and I'll tell ya it doesn't get any easier

9. dgtl-rn

dgtl-rn Well-Known Member

bruh idk for sure but p sure the toj0 varsity an ma-1 are v different. besides why get jus leather sleeves when the whole thing can b leather :)

1 person likes this.
  10. OJKD

OJKD Active Member

Considering darkening this MDR a bit. Too light for "everyday use" it´s a tad loud one might say. Y/N?

11. magicalporks

magicalporks Well-Known Member

12. PDinh

PDinh Well-Known Member

What? Toj0 and leather Ma-1 aren't similar :confused:

13. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Oh...my. There's something really, really elegant about this. Quick question: do those pockets have side openings to stuff hands into? Handwarmer pockets, I think they're called.

14. Joona

Joona Well-Known Member

Yes, but they aren't deep enough to be practical tbh. Cool detail anyway.
    And dark brown goat is awesome. Sometimes I wish I had gone with calf on my MDR and dark brown goat on my A-2. That way I would have ended up having one in each goat, lamb and calf (instead of 2x lamb, 1x goat).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  15. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

Yes, they do

16. Death24xASecond

Hrm. I told myself I wouldn't be one of THOSE GUYS but seeing that photo of the dark brown goatskin A-2, I can't deny I've begun wondering if I should switch my toffee tan MDR order to this...it's certainly more versatile...and the removable shearling collar is a nice touch.

What would it mean, measurements-wise? Rather not bug Charly until I've decided one way or the other. I notice this has ribbed sleeves etc. I only ordered in Dec. so I doubt production is anywhere near.

17. hooker4186

hooker4186 Well-Known Member

The dark brown goat really is awesome. I haven't handled any of the other colors but I am really happy with my choice, kindof wish I could see the brown lamb.

I also don't regret having chosen the suede name tag (though the blank chest does look really nice).

Also, the handwarmer pockets are there but are really tiny, I pretty much only use them as a port of last resort.

18. Death24xASecond

Well good thing I have small hands...

I see the A2 comes in dark brown for lamb and goat. Goat = glazed? Unglazed? I think I'd still prefer lamb, though. Always wanted the soft drape of lamb.

How would measurements change, if at all?

19. hooker4186

hooker4186 Well-Known Member

According to Charly there's both glazed and unglazed options for the goat (please inquire within). Think the one posted above is the glazed - looks identical to mine.

Not sure on the measurements side of things sorry.

20. Death24xASecond

That's a start, thanks. How do you find the A2, weight-wise? Would you say its heavier/more substantial than the MDR? And how's it meant to fit? Very close to the body, or do you layer underneath? Could it be just thrown on in spring/summer (on cooler days) or is it very much a f/w thing?