1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

It is a very bad idea because ToJ jacket was constructed with lining in mind- stitching and cut of the jacket are not made to be exposed. Heck this applies to almost all clothes. Just open a lined blazer or a jacket and see what it looks like and how it wears :crazy:

edit: I am a slow typer

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

This is a more believable reason, the edges maybe too rough

Wonder how much it would cost to have a tailor finish the edges. Probably a lot

Socks are the equivalent of a tshirt: no one is going to wear it otherwis naked. Ive never seen bemberg socks either
    Also plenty of people wear leather shoes sockless anyway

Heres an interesting discussion on unlined leather jackets

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ware-crowd&s=2a1607a363959f2fff6de63cd379ba58

3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15 people like this.
  4. StPauli

StPauli Well-Known Member

This.

If it's too hot, just wear something else.

5. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Well-Known Member

Bemberg is a type of rayon, not polyester. Unlike polyester, rayon is very breathable and excels in hot and humid climates. Removing a bemberg lining could arguably have some effect when you're wearing a jacket made from a lightweight open weave fabric, but since leather is a fairly dense material, especially at the thickness toj uses, removing the lining is unlikely to have any noticeable effect other than making the jacket less comfortable to wear.

That's not to say that there aren't any valid reasons for getting unlined leather jackets, but heat is not one when it uses bemberg for lining.

2 people like this.
  6. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

It's your jacket, go do whatever fucking stupid thing you want to it and ruin it. You asked for the community opinion and you got it, if you're not willing to accept that, then do whatever you want and just move on.

2 people like this.
  7. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

How does the lamb fair in fog/mist. I live in SF and on some misty nights, my jackets have been known to absorb water.

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

9. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

TOJ is like made for SF weather, can wear it nearly year round

10. clark kent

clark kent Well-Known Member

ughhh, i'm in the process of ordering a BCDR and i can't decide for the life of me what color or make up to go with. I already have a black lamb 2 zip moto and dark brown calf bomber.

i'm either going with diesel blue calf suede or one of the many lamb choices, i just cant decide... since i initiated the idea, i'm really contemplating on pulling the trigger on an omakase order.

any input/advice?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Cole

Cole Well-Known Member

get a sand tan channel quilt bcdr

12. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

Omakase I fucking dare you

4 people like this.
  13. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Well-Known Member

Very glad I went with the classic black/black after seeing so many recent good fits with it. Was trying to overthink it earlier, wondering if all black was too boring. No way man!

14. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

Do you guys think a 46 MA-1 will fit me?

I'm 5'10", 142lbs, chest is 36", usually wear a size S in most brands, sometimes XS.

15. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Sleeve measurements might be a little short.

16. TOJfirstimer

TOJfirstimer Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much your twin, and ordered black lamb MA-1. Size 46 is very similar to what I was suggested for measurements for the exception of front length and sleeve length (both being 1.4" greater than the stock 46)

17. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

Omakase for sure. Didn't Drew specifically mention you as someone who would be a good candidate for omakase when he first announced it?

18. Cole

Cole Well-Known Member

yes but

this.

I have a 46 with 48 length toj1 and the sleeves are a bit short(maybe an inch - doesnt bother me much). I have long arms, though. I'm 5'9, 145, and the sleeve measurement on my mdr is 25 inches. stock 46 is 24.2. hope that provides some insight

19. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

Just scrounged together the money for my first moto, I'm about to submit measurements but I've just read the comments above about the lamb absorbing water and not being good to wear in the rain and someone else said this is a good thing it adds to character and beautifully ages the jacket. I live somewhere it rains a lot so can anyone else comment on the effects of wearing the lamb in this weather?

20. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

Lamb is fine with light rain. Many people intentionally shower their jackets for 20+ minutes when they first get them, just to mold them and remove some sheen. The biggest drawback to getting your jacket soaked everyday is waiting for it to dry. Realistically that's not going to be an issue if you're normal and actually own a rain jacket for when you face torrential downpour.

2 people like this.