1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. guayabera

guayabera Member

I talked myself out of oxblood calf as my first-and-only leather in favor of something lighter and more versatile, so just trying to live vicariously... I've seen all the posted photos; we demands politely requests the freshness!

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

The patch on the A-2 is supposed to be a nice little nod/homage to the vintage/old school A-2/G-1 jackets that pilots/airmen wore.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  3. Karura

Karura Active Member

Hi friends, I just ordered a leather MA-1 and TOJ0. Still unsure what colour for the TOJ0.

Does anyone have a grey/black or grey/grey or black/grey combo? I'm curious what is the combo of the one posted on the tumblr. Looks really good.

To rephrase, does anyone have regrets going with black/black and think a grey/black combo might work better?

Cheers

4. Deadkitty

Deadkitty Well-Known Member

I originally ordered black/black and switched to grey/black, which is what was just posted on their fb

5. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

Man, I haven't been here in a few weeks and I was content with just having a moto, but now I see orders appear to still be open, I'm starting to itch for that suiting wool MA1 again...

If they're still open next week perhaps I will be emailing charly. Atleast sizing should be easy since I think they're stock sizes only.

6. TOJfirstimer

TOJfirstimer Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on my first TOJ jacket (black leather MA-1), if they're still open for business after I get I think I'm going to go for the T1 (I don't want to order until I try my MA-1 to make sure my measurements are good). I'm thinking Navy for T1, but can't seem to find pictures of one in Navy...thoughts?

7. ninopwns

ninopwns Well-Known Member

that feel when youll never own a nxtlvl black suede 2010 DR

8. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

yeah but at least you have a solid grasp on the english language.

9. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

There's a leather ma-1? The site only shows the suiting wool one in available products. Anybody have pics?

10. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

11. K. Nights

K. Nights Well-Known Member

Unglazed brown goat A-2 came in. I'm really glad I went with the goat. It's really supple still, but seems a little more abrasion-resistant than lamb. Wish I'd gone a little larger on the bicep measurement, because I think it will constrict my arms if I'm wearing a thicker sweater. Otherwise it fits me great.

12. otc

otc Well-Known Member

...this post is missing something

1 person likes this.
  13. Mark9fiji

Mark9fiji Member

Your right, something is missing, but I can't quite put my finger on what... Anyways, good news!

My jackets arrived today! About 4 days from notification to delivery in Los Angeles :)

14. jackmccabe

jackmccabe Active Member

Unglazed dark grey goat 4-zip moto arrived today. The leather is absolutely amazing, feels really different to the lamb more abrasion resistant but quite a bit lighter.
    The unglazed goat still has a little bit of sheen to it so it makes me wonder quite how shiny the goat is in person.
    Shipping was insanely fast, arrived in 3 days to the UK.
    Will try and get pics up later.

1 person likes this.
  15. Cole

Cole Well-Known Member

need pics dammit

16. Axelbaws

Axelbaws New Member

Yo,

Currently thinking of buying my first leather jacket... Do you guys think TOJ is worth the money for a first timer?
    Also I want a biker jacket, but I am afraid that it will be a little too "bold" for me to wear. Thats why I'm considering suede (I DO love suede). Do you guys think I'm on the right track? What biker model would be the least... eh... ...flashy(?)? Sad to say, I am not one those guys who can wear whatever and think "whatever". Do think I will be comfortable in a biker jacket, because I do love the look of it.

Cheers

PS. As I've understood it, the time is ticking, therefore I could use some of your expertise! DS.

17. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Well-Known Member

I almost regret buying an MDR because I can't really wear it into the office.

Almost.

18. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Yes. Black leather MDR. Do it.

19. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

I think 2010 is really nice and works best for many body types, I think those that don't have one will say it looks too flashy because the buckle details but when you wear they're almost unnoticeable in the sense that they don't draw your eye in but are just simply great detail to it.

20. jmart154

jmart154 Well-Known Member

To anyone with some time to kill. A photoshop of the different colours for the T-1 would be awesome. Having a hard time picturing the muted sky blue, olive, and medium grey colours, for instance.