1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. gong

gong Well-Known Member

this thread is hundreds of pages long and toj is simply a mtm jacket service, there aren't that many variables that require constant repetiton or unique circumstances that'd warrant it

2. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

This drama takes me back to high school, when I mixed Mountain Dew with all alcohols, watched episodes of Laguna Beach with drunk girls at night, and wore an ill-fitted varsity jacket with my high school's letter on it. I was living the life. I had so much clothing, I DIDN'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO IT ALL. Shirts from Abercrombie, Express, American Eagle! YOU NAME IT! I HAD IT! I ate at a Red Lobster every week. And I dealt weed on the side. I was a big shot, YOU CUNTS! Did I mention I had a 2002 Mercedes C240 that my parents gave me? I BANGED CHICKS IN THERE!

Just kidding, I was a nerd. But now I have a varsity jacket that fits extremely well.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    7 people like this.
  3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Did you know Mountain Dew was originally made to be a mixer?

You were way ahead of your time.

1 person likes this.
  4. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

Yes! Mad Men taught me this!

5. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

Well, in light of all this lead times talk I just got shipping confirmation for my 16 week wool MA-1. No complaints from me for lead times or customer service, all part of the TOJ experience for me.

Email notification popped up on my phone and it said "TOJ shipped - Sally". Thought I was being punked or something because I've never heard of a Sally haha.

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Charly's more feminine alter ego, full of pleases and thank you's.

7. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Dayaaaaaaam. What colorway did you get bruh? I'm 16 weeks in too...now refreshing my inbox. [​IMG]

8. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

Ordered April 25th, went with black.

Was just thinking earlier that you probably got shipping too since we ordered around the same time but guessing you got another color?

9. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

You should probably email Charly to see what's up.

10. spicycho

spicycho Well-Known Member

I hope charly tries to guess who the hell msgy is and ships me my toj0 by accident.

1 person likes this.
  11. drmmr

drmmr Well-Known Member

Tracking for black wool MA-1 as well.

Cut off in about 2 weeks or so.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

So you really want an all pink pis stained baby gap sized varsity.

13. migsy999

migsy999 Well-Known Member

That's what I asked Charly for.
    He said no other mods, besides length arms though. Pink would have been awesome.

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

I paid a deposit to be on a 4-6 year waitlist for a gunsmith. He doesn't have dedicated CS either and I don't expect to hear back from him for another few years. Come on already people. Waiting is paying a deposit to get a country club membership at a place where a member has to die before someone from the waitlist gets a chance. Or trying to get your child into a top end preschool where applications must be sent when your child is born.

If you want people to respond comprehensively to every unnecessary e-mail you have in a timely manner, you should realize that you aren't paying nearly enough for that.

6 people like this.
  15. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

This sounds like a dangerous business model for TOJ to mess with.

1 person likes this.
  16. ryosuke

ryosuke Well-Known Member

It's been weeks since I've seen so much activity in the TOJ thread, over 80 unread posts! Then I come in to find it's just someone ranting and saying unhelpful shit, not TOJ announcing they will be staying open so more of us can get swagged out. Honestly, I was kinda sad.

4 people like this.
  17. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Well-Known Member

Shipped! Ordered an MDR on June 14th, can't wait!

18. phosej

phosej Well-Known Member

C
    What specs?

19. Cole

Cole Well-Known Member

@ryosuke usually when they're a lot of activity over a short period of time, it's when some guy is being a hot shot/dumb ass and everybody is talking shit to him. see the dp92 case in waywt. also I think we should all be glad toj has stayed open as long as it has, with 2 weeks-ish more to order. I was afraid I would miss the cutoff date and ordered 6 weeks ago and they're still open.

20. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Well-Known Member

- "Sorry I stepped on your foot buddy, it was an accident. Buy you a coffee to make up for it?"
    - "Fuck you and your coffee, you're dead to me now."

If you ever hurt migsy's feelings, he will never ever forgive you and reject all attempts to make it up to him.

7 people like this.