1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Actually you're being a cunt

7 people like this.
  2. migsy999

migsy999 Well-Known Member

I realise that, I'm being forced into it by TOJ.

3. NonChalant321

NonChalant321 Well-Known Member

This could be a wild guess, but I'm surmising that you are not from the Northeast.

4. migsy999

North East what? This is a world wide forum.

5. glundr

glundr Well-Known Member

Migsy take a step back and look at what you are doing right now: Getting very (publicly) upset about a custom order leather jacket from a label that is about to close its doors. who is your audience? who do you hope to persuade?

6. AKang

AKang Well-Known Member

migsy999, it sounds like your order must've slipped through the cracks. It's rare, but it does happen. As much as you say Charly is rude, you have to understand he's the only one that can really help at this point. Say your order really did get overlooked, without looking up your information, you'll never see your jacket. You should just let Charly help you. The jackets really are worth it.

7. migsy999

I have taken a step back. I'm trying not to get personal with other posters, calling each cunts etc.

I know I've taken a bit of a leap posting what I have, but I'm pretty upset at the shit treatment and crappy emails I get from Charly.

From my point of view I'm only to think it will be worse after going public. I just didn't want the whole thread to turn into a TOJ hate/love in.

I'm not disputing they make great quality stuff, or that it takes months to get your order.

I'm not after special treatment. I'm after being treated equally shit like everyone else.

8. magicalporks

magicalporks Well-Known Member

how do you get forced into being a cunt?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. Look, I don't believe they would vindictively sabotage your order for any reason. Thinking that they would is just being paranoid.

10. Upas

Upas Active Member

Guys, I don't think migsy999 will take any advice, as good or bad as it may be. Can we just ignore him and discuss other toj things? I much prefer the "OMG ARE MY SIZES GOOD?" posts to this person's complaining.

Let Charly handle the guy.

11. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

You can think we're pushing your order back. We've never done anything like that.

I'm not in Korea. I'm in Philadelphia, PA.

I just correcting you on what you thought I said. You can think that I was "curt" but never did I say that about myself. I think that's fair to correct. :)

12. AKang

AKang Well-Known Member

Has anyone here put a shoulder strap in their TOJ like this?

[​IMG]

Thoughts on this?

13. avr0

avr0 Active Member

Haven't had a chance to post this up yet my MDR.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Has this always been true? How did I not notice this.

Please don't push my A2 back for this transgression.

1 person likes this.
  15. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Haha if you've ever seen Charlie you'd know that you couldn't "do anything about it" if he was standing right in front of you.

3 people like this.
  16. AKang

AKang Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

very true lol

17. jacket

jacket Well-Known Member

Every time I ask for a full placket on my A2, charly finds my file and pushes me back in the queue 2 weeks.

can i plz have a full placket

3 people like this.
  18. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

I think the problem is you're expecting perfect customer service from someone who does this in between his day job. Like I said before, if Charly were to go full time, the jackets would cost a fair chunk more (and I don't wish full time CS work on anyone).

It's a shitty situation, sure, but if you're not willing to work with Charly to rectify the problem, then the fault is entirely yours.

Would be interesting to see how many emails Charly gets per day.

19. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I hear you :( Tried too.

20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Charly has replied to all of my emails, and I've sent a handful. Sometimes he overlooks small parts of them but he certainly has replied to all of them, and fast too.

I can see how someone would be upset if they went into TOJ with the wrong kinds of expectations though. Everyone who follows the label on here knows what to expect so it's no big deal, but for people not into the 'scene' it could be very frustrating as we can see with this migsy fellow here.