1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

This is SS13 Phillip Lim but maybe a sand tan bcdr?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Cole

Cole Well-Known Member

exactly ;)

3. Tuma

Tuma Well-Known Member

Are shoulders measured front or back side of the shoulder detail (token) of A2?

4. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

On the same token, high heels used to be a men's thing, manly men who fought on horseback. Until it became popular with women.

2 people like this.
  5. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

6. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

It's more a case of it being a classic design that they've been releasing for years.

9 people like this.
  7. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

With the extra pockets and the leather trimmed labels too?

8. itsthepaulice

itsthepaulice Member

they only show measuring the front on the site

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  9. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

5 people like this.
  10. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

If it's available for sale now, it was probably already being produced before drew even revealed the toj admiral

1 person likes this.
  11. Joona

Joona Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

I've been very pleased with it and I'm happy that I went with goat on this one, definitely different feel and look compared to lamb. Though, I'd love to have grey lamb MDR too.. I think that the glazed goats are good alternatives for lamb, dark brown goat is great especially if you want very dark jacket that isn't black. The texture of goat and the way it acts in different lights is something I really like. Some seem to be concerned about it, but I haven't felt that the jacket is too shiny. Unsure yet if the 'glaze' will fade over time or if some undertones will become more visible, looking forward to see how it will age.

I'm trying to decide if I should still order one more jacket before the final cut off. Placed and order already for brown lamb A2 and women's QBCDR, channel quilting and silver zippers. phosej's awesome pics of his CWU made me really want black CWU or MA-1 even though I don't use black in my wardrobe almost at all.

12. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

Thank you for the insightful reply.

13. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

Burberry is 157 years old, TOJ is like 5 years old.

Where do you even get this shit.

1 person likes this.
  14. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Joona, although I switched to brown lamb A-2 as the safest choice.

15. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

I think you made the right choice. I don't like the texture of goat, but that seems subjective.

Keep in mind that Lamb will age, and will show textured characteristics as the jacket ages. So you will encounter the same effect. But the softness of lamb can't be compared.

16. Sillyobsession

Sillyobsession Member

Spoke to someone from the TOJ HQ via email just then and apparently all the Daypacks were sent and they just haven't emailed all the tracking numbers out yet. just thought I would share it.

3 people like this.
  17. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

Was this person's name Charly?!

18. Joona

Joona Well-Known Member

Okay, good call Steel28!

Quote:
    I agree that brown lamb is an excellent choice for A2, if not the best. Great points and I'm not trying to argue with you, but have you ever handled TOJ goatskin? It's not as soft as lamb, but it is quite soft even as new and probably will only get softer with wear. Feeling to hand is a lot different (lamb being nicer in my opinion) but when wearing the jacket, I can't pretty much tell a difference in the softness. Feels soft and pliable.

High quality lambskin ages beautifully, but in my opinion it won't look like goat even then. Not sure if you even meant that it would, but in case you did, then I'd slightly disagree on that.

19. Sillyobsession

Sillyobsession Member

not sure if it was charly. but it mentioned about Sally/Daniel being the ones who suppose to email the tracking numbers.

20. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

I was merely referring to the extra set of pockets and the leather trimmed collar, which, in fact, makes this particular Burberry peacoat look a lot like the TOJ Admiral coat.

Where do you people get all your butthurt and need-to-state-the-obvious? :-/