1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

^Got mine a long time ago, but am overseas (in Beijing) at the moment, so will not even get to see it until August :(

2. gnarwrangler

gnarwrangler Member

Alright, keep going back and forth between CM and A2. I want something versatile in brown calf that I can beat the shit out of over the next few years. I'd appreciate any thoughts from those who own both on what they find themselves reaching for more often.

3. pronxs

pronxs Well-Known Member

easy a2 for me. removable fur collar for added swag.

4. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

A2 is not available in brown calf, so go with CM if that is what you want

If you are only going to get one leather, go lamb (i.e. brown lamb A2)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  5. gnarwrangler

gnarwrangler Member

Can I ask why? How does the lamb hold up to snow?

6. just another fool

just another fool Well-Known Member

Because the toj black lamb is just... Incredible. Looks better 1.5 years later than the day i got it. Black lamb 2010 dr was my first purchase and i still feel like i'm cheating on it when i wear anything else.

I probably wouldn't go sledriding in it, though.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  7. Stillblade

Stillblade Well-Known Member

Is there a set cutoff for orders yet? I'm on a cut right now which means my body is not ready (literally)

EDIT: sorry got my answer, sounds like another 3 weeks or so... shit.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  8. ninopwns

ninopwns Well-Known Member

God I don't understand the worries and babying the leather. Supposed to look worn in and have some love bites visible

9. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

sorry to harp on about this dark brown goat thing but can anyone talk about the texture a little more? in particular, how come jabberwock's jacket appears to be slightly glossy while lorcan's and le sam's seem to be very matte? i think the jabberwock jacket is beautiful but on me matte leathers look better. wondering if i should just go black lamb for my 4 zip moto...

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I believe there is a glossy goatskin and a non glossy one. Their pictures could also look like that because of the camera settings.

1 person likes this.
  11. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Honestly, lead times are way longer than any cut should last at this point so just place the order and fiddle with measurements later as needed.

1 person likes this.
  12. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

I owned a black calf 2011 moto briefly and that was WAY shinier than my goatskin jacket, and I think mine is the glazed goat rather than unglazed. The texture diffuses the light a bit. But obviously its not matte in the way a washed leather is.

Took another shot of my jacket:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. eca462

eca462 Active Member

I can't decide, this picture has me thinking about getting a black unglazed goat ribbed collar CWU-45 as a final piece instead of a brown Moto. (Together with my black lamb collared CWU and brown lamb A-2). The sizing would be spot on as well since I could just adjust the measurements from the first. I'm thinking the first would work well with with button ups while the second would look great with a sweater underneath and could be worn in worse weather.. I won't receive anything before the ordering closes which makes this harder to decide. Would this be extremely redundant?

http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=16262

14. spicycho

spicycho Well-Known Member

15. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

I personally believe it's redundant.

Seeing as you dress conservatively, you wouldn't get a DR of any sort so I would lean towards a CM or a Moto.

16. Cole

Cole Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

another toj1 lifestyle pic :)

17. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Like 5354 said, why not get a moto or collared moto in the black unglazed goat? It would be less redundant and still awesome. Plus, I feel like everyone who has experienced TOJ really needs at least one rider style jacket.
    Also, this is awesome.

18. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

Stop it, you're helping me break my parole.

1 person likes this.
  19. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Well-Known Member

Having seen a few shots of your jacket now I'm convinced our leathers are quite different even though they are both billed as dark brown goat. My pictures are a pretty accurate representation (or perhaps it is a nano-shade darker in the flesh). Yours seems much darker and matter. Yours was what I was hoping for to be honest.

20. Deadkitty

Deadkitty Well-Known Member

emailed Charly with best fitting jacket measurements and my actual measurements for a TOJ0. He suggested 44 with 46 lengths even though 46 sleeve length is almost 3" longer than my actual arms and 1" longer than my best fitting jacket, which has sleeves that are too long. I even double checked with him and he said 46 lengths would be best. I know everyone says to trust Charly, but this seems a little much. What should I do?