1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

Well, the newest leather additions to the menu feature a lot of details that the originals didn't have. Upgraded linings, new/upgraded hardware options, additional back seams (big +), a new way of stitching down the 2013DR's epaulet&cuffs (+++), etc. I think they'll continue to follow this trend with the bombers.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how "we're discontinuing the bombers and will eventually release new ones when we're not busy" is being construed into an impending product announcement. You guys could be waiting a long time.

3 people like this.
  3. Vaio

Vaio Well-Known Member

A new way of stitching down the epaulets?

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

"Small announcement that will turn into a big one"

This is the part I'm referencing.

2 people like this.
  5. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

yeah, the cuffs also seem to be finished like the 2010DR sample (which i assume differs from most 2010drs that came after it).

The epaulet folds over, and then goes into the shoulder seam, rather than being sewn straight in. They've added a seam that you can see at the front, around the armpit, which continues to the back of the jacket where the sleeve starts. Very nice touch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see how this differs from the original here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: these pics also show that there are now double rows of eyelets and thus a cooler buckle n stuff. :satisfied:

6. ColmDawson

ColmDawson Well-Known Member

Ordered an A-2 yesterday. I think the additions (placket and patch) to the bomber for the 2011 version were a great improvement but I'll be surprised if the 2013/14 version has any more 'stuff' added to it. Maybe just some tweaks and quality improvements?

12-week estimated lead time, by the way. I was hoping bombers were quicker than bikers but oh well. Can't wait.

7. Vaio

Vaio Well-Known Member

The bombers are quicker than the riders. I've been waiting for almost 6 months.

1 person likes this.
  8. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

that announcement confused me because i wasn't sure whether it meant what you're asking, or if it meant that he was just making a small announcement that would be "big" to those following

don't know if that makes sense. might be stretching with the latter

9. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

Read this again, people. The entire thing and not selectively.

It is not hard to understand.

1 person likes this.
  10. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

so this thread got weird.

4 people like this.
  11. gnarlyparker

gnarlyparker New Member

Any pictures of the gold zips for black jackets? I can't seem to find one.

12. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  13. gnarlyparker

gnarlyparker New Member

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

15. GarleyCavidson

GarleyCavidson Well-Known Member

Size 50 stock suiting wool MA-1 in black.

16. Renalan

Renalan Well-Known Member

Got my MA-1 yesterday. I'm not sure how emphasized this has been, but the padding on this jacket is heavy duty. It's kinda like wearing a padded down jacket. The cell pocket is a little shallow for Nexus/Galaxy sized phones, so the corner of the phone is barely in the pocket. ToJ tag is in the left pocket vs the usual spot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    11 people like this.
  17. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

So it turns out my MDR fits perfectly. The torso could be even a little slimmer but in general, the fit is spot on. One thing I'm quite worried now is that the shoulder and arms area will stretch out over time as I break this jacket in. Should I have ordered the jacket tight initially?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. 2 Legit 2 Quit

2 Legit 2 Quit Well-Known Member

How long did your order take?

and just a general newb question but when will this seasons models be discontinued? trying to gauge how much time I have left to get the ma1 before it goes away ...

19. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

No one really knows. Drew tends to announce when models are discontinued in advance, I don't believe he discontinues models out of the blue.

20. gong

gong Well-Known Member

i think people should really get into the habit of pausing and taking a minute before going on and actually asking a question here.

do you really want a jacket that you can only wear if you're within 5lbs of where you are now?

if the jacket is too slim, you'd be concerned about it's longevity and layering applications
    if the jacket is too roomy, you'd be concerned about it looking too wide (which would be incredibly difficult given the toj cut) and dated

material of any sort doesn't stretch without a reason, if the jacket fits you fine it won't just magically stretch to where it doesn't.

it's pretty safe to say a lot of people here try to emulate drew and synth's fits but both of them typically err on the side of flowing vs constricting when it comes to these kind of garments. i believe drew has mentioned that he purposely sized up two i think on his 5 zip so it'd balance the size of his head or something along those lines. think about that.

2 people like this.