1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Some friendly advice: move the link to your actual signature (you can do this by going to your profile and selecting edit signature) instead of putting it in the body of your posts. I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules to do otherwise, and it could result in banning and/or fines.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  2. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Look at his other posts, he's just spamming.

Anyway, three terribly shitty photos of my ma-1 for all your viewing pleasure, I seriously need to move somewhere with a little more space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  3. AKang

AKang Well-Known Member

Looks good. I'm glad I added like 2 more inches to my sleeve length cuz it does look a lot better with stacks imo.

4. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

I'm conflicted, A2 Bomber in black lamb or unglazed goat for next fall/winter?

Looking at some of the search results, Drew doesn't seem to like the name tag on goat (texture difference?), but I'd really like a name tag. On that note, I don't know if I'm ready for the texture of goat because it's pebbled. However goat appeals to me because of it's increased durability over lamb. I'm not concerned about rain (I use an umbrella), but I'm worried about abrasion. Also, are the bombers warm in cold weather?

Perhaps I should just grab the peacoat and an MA-1... thoughts guys?

5. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

Why black? If you want a darker leather, the og dark brown goat looks way more visually interesting with shearling.

I wouldn't think of abrasion resistance as a selling point. As long as you aren't neurotic, you'll never think about it after you receive your jacket. If you don't like pebble grain, pass and get lamb. Don't forget that some lamb bombers have that veiny texture like any other lamb jacket.

Bombers are as warm as any other leather. I love the A2 because of the way it keeps my neck warm in windy weather. It can be as warm as you want, as long as you layer accordingly as it gets colder.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  6. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

I like black because I find it more versatile with different pants.

I'd get a black calf MDR but that would kill any possibilities of wearing an OCBD with the jacket.

I'm wondering if a name tag really does look that bad with black unglazed goat. The softness of the lamb scares me because I'm so paranoid of ripping it or something.

I'm considering the peacoat because I know it can last and it's suited towards my aesthetic.

7. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

I wear my DR with an OCBD. No problems.

1 person likes this.
  8. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Could have maybe done with an extra inch in the sleeves, but it still fits pretty perfectly.

Dude, the lamb is soft, but don't be afraid of that. Leather jackets always look a bit better once they get a bit destroyed.

9. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

I more or less only wear my MDR with button downs. If you rather want the MDR, you should just get that. IMO, the only "difficult" (i.e it's not) look to pull with that jacket I raw jeans and white tshirt. And that's only difficult when you are not in a bar environment.

1 person likes this.
  10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

What makes the MDR especially difficult to pull off with jeans and a t-shirt?

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Dafuq? I wear mine with jeans and a T-shirt all the time.

3 people like this.
  12. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the whole versatility argument - I'd rather buy my first choice and build a fit around that, than buy something more versatile for more pedestrian fits. Feels kind of uninspired to me, but it's your money and that's just my opinion.

I think the problem with some raw denim fits is that the jeans already look/fit like crap. A leather jacket doesnt make a bad fit better. Drew seems to wear raws with all of the sample/preview pics, and his are definitely the best in the A2 part of the gallery.

13. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

Looks perfect to me. Personal preference, but I prefer no stacking in the sleeves
    Huh? Thats like 95% rider fits though?

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  14. Sillyobsession

Sillyobsession Member

Any news about the Daypack are they nearly finish? the semester is about to end lol.

1 person likes this.
  15. AKang

AKang Well-Known Member

Stacks are just my own personal preference, but I think your fit is pretty sick nonetheless. I can't wait to get mine! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

is there a moto refresh on the horizon? 2011 seems like a long time ago.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  17. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

i'm kind of scared there's gonna be a refresh as soon as I get mine and i'll like the new one more or something.

1 person likes this.
  18. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Anybody receiving shipping notifications for leather orders placed in early Feb?

19. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Same here. :laugh:

20. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

In my oppinion, the typical white tee + jeans + DR fit can quite easily make a caricature of the wearer. I, for one, don't wear the MDR to get the rockabilly look, but rather because it adds a bit of edge to what I usually wear. Which is mostly BCDRs, coloured tees, and jumpers. I also feel my collarless CWU goes way better with tees per se. The cloth collar of the CWU feels better on the skin than the leather collar of the MDR. That might be a reason why I typically go MDR + button down, and CWU + tee.

But, hey. It is all in the eye of the beholder. DR + white tee + trashed jeans does look good on many people.