1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

I have never seen a human being with such tiny shoulders for that chest size. Just trying to imagine your body in my head, frankly, terrifies me.

2. Ears

Ears Member

15 is body measurements. 17 is shirt, and it's not perfect.

3. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

Honestly, with questions like these you either have to be trolling or slightly retarded.

Accidentally thumbed up his stupid post too.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Been a member since '09, wears shirts in the wrong size still. :fu:

1 person likes this.
  5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

I was about to say 22" looks a bit short and was thinking close to the above.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  6. Ears

Ears Member

Almost a perfect fit. Closest I can get without MTM. It's hard to fit a wide chest, steep drop, and narrow shoulders.

7. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

That sounds like a female's proportions, I recommend snapping a picture or something because something aint right here.

8. Ears

Ears Member

I think I have a naturally narrow frame, and I weight lift. I'm 170 lbs, around 10% body fat, I'll drop to the low 160s for summer. I'm not overly bulky, but I do carry some mass.

9. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Best option is to email them directly (Charly), as he's the only one here paid to listen to people talk about their bodies

Having said that...very doubtful you have 15" shoulders and 39.5" chest

3 people like this.
  10. vaalbara

vaalbara Well-Known Member

If you're trying to measure your own shoulders, then odds are you're getting smaller measurements because of how you're holding the tape relative to your shoulder.

11. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

I'd like to re-express my interest in that helmet bag, and ask if there are anymore delicious details at this point...

12. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Well-Known Member

I am now leaning towards a 52 (with reductions in the lengths).. do these jackets run big or small? And is the sizing slim fit? or is this brand more relaxed/loose?

13. sartbaeklv

sartbaeklv Well-Known Member

i was just basing off my own measurements. i'm only 5'7" but i have 24" sleeves that only reach my wrists so i was just assuming it'd be a lot longer for someone whose 5'11".
    having that said just listen to charly

14. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

That can't be right unless you have some weird proportions. I'm 5'7, 135lb, jacket measurements for shoulders: 16.5"/sleeves:22.9". At 22" they would be above my wrist, so I can't even imagine how they would look on you. Remember the armholes on TOJs are pretty high up, so if you're using a jacket to measure where you want the sleeves to hit, you might want to add a little extra to compensate for that.

15. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Looks great, you would have to be happy with that? Interesting you mention about the thickness, would you get away with wearing that jacket in the autumn/spring or does the thickness of it make it a winter only you think?

16. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

Got my Whiskey Calf Moto about 15 minutes ago, straight to the bathroom for some quick n dirty fit pics. First things first, armor status. If you're ever worried about taking a small bullet or a knife to the gut, go with some stylish calf instead of an ugly kevlar vest. I feel really good about the fit, was a bit worrisome given the long time between placing the order and receiving it, I managed to gain10lbs and maybe half an inch into my chest/shoulders in the mean time, but it's still good. I can definitely feel it hugging around my lats a bit, but right now I just gotta get working it in.

My other surprise is the colour. Almost looks like the dark whiskey stuff, definitely shows reddish on camera. All that being said, I can't say i'm particularly disappointed by the colour, more looking forward to beating in a new jacket. Feel free to tell me what you guys think of the fit since I have a BCDR in the queue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  17. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

18. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

newo, great fit.

With it hugging your lats do you think you'll be able to wear more than a tshirt under it? I'm still trying to gauge how people wear them.

19. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

Well right now I think most of the "hugging" feeling is the stiffness of the leather, the jacket feels more solid than it will once its beaten in, and will have more movement/spread. That being said, I really own about 1 hoodie, and it's a thick Strike Gold, I really don't think I can get it on underneath right now, but we'll worry about that come fall/winter. This is my summer baby, first and foremost.

Also, in case anyone's curious, mine weighs in at 4.6lbs, not sure how that compares to the lambs out there.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

I used to have the bottle green italian whisky calf, and it was definitely thick and heavy.

I had thought my black lamb was pretty thick and substantial (it is actually), but after wearing the calf around for a day, when you put on your lamb...it almost feels like you are wearing a silk sweater in comparison.

1 person likes this.