1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

As for those pictures about the V taper, I don't really think it's a length issue. TOJ natural cut is slim with high arm holes. I wouldn't mess too much with trying to adjust the measurements to create a V taper, as it might end up looking like ) (.

As for the moto, I actually think it looks better non-cropped. As for fits that look a little sloppy/big, it could be due to the armholes. The best adjustment I made to my 1st TOJ was making the armhole 0.5" smaller. That really tighten the fit everywhere (for me at least).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Agree.

3. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

Just out of interest; what do you guys mean by non-cropped? Having the moto sit so you expose a bit of belt is a tremendously better look than one where the moto covers your jean pockets to a point where it is make it or break it in my opinion.

4. JFetter

JFetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm unclear what this non-cropped means?

Since we are all talking about jeans here, maybe we should specify the type of rise and how you wear your jeans??

For instance, I'm EVOing some 501 STF right now....which sit relatively high.

I'm already a tall dude. And if I had a jacket that exposed my belt on my 501s that would look ridiculous IMO.

EDIT: Of course, maybe if it just barely covered the belt line that would look good. I'm looking at some pictures of my favorite fits..and you guys are right, it seems to barely cover where the belt would be.

5. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

You know cropped when you see it.
    [​IMG]
    But seriously, I know people have different opinions on this, and there really anywhere you can say "this is cropped" because people wear their jeans different and mid rise is different from low rise. But when you put a jacket on, you know if it's short or not. I don't mean non-cropped as super long either...

6. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

Surely you must have had something more specific in mind when you responded to my post saying you preferred the non-cropped look (i.e. implipying the longer fits in examples)?

7. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

i wasn't responding to you, it was to that other guy that asked a question about why one jacket looked more V than the other, and mentioned length.

my cropped comment comes from personal experience having one TOJ where i cut off an inch and another one where I left it. Prefer the non-cropped one. no biggie.

now actually looking at your post, i think most of those fits are fine in the length...they all sort of vary anyways.

8. schultjr

schultjr Active Member

Brown Lamb A2 and Black Lamb MA-1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  9. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

Stacks on the lamb ma-1 are what make it amazing

10. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

I really like that lamb MA-1...

11. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

no creep, just a good fit

1 person likes this.
  12. Ketawa

Ketawa Well-Known Member

I'm one of the examples given for a too-long moto, and I was worried about the length when I first received the jacket. But, I really like the length now and I wouldn't want my jacket shorter. 1) I can put my hands in the pockets if it's cold. 2) I'm 6'5" with disproportionately long legs, so the longer jacket balances out my torso a little. 3) I don't care that I can't zip it up while I'm sitting down, because I wouldn't do that anyway. It's a calf jacket and it would be too stiff even if it was shorter.

1 person likes this.
  13. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

I think cropped is better if you have very small hips, no ass, and skinny legs. If you don't, then having the cropped jacket really makes your lower body look even bigger and proportions are bad.

1 person likes this.
  14. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

just ordered 2 pairs of toj trousers (black & gray)

taking my work wardrobe to the next level now that i got a summer internship :slayer:

5 people like this.
  15. aphelan

aphelan Well-Known Member

Navy/black or navy/sand? Decisions, decisions....

16. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

get navy/sand man, will look dope

17. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

When everyone was going on and on about the MA-1's in this thread, I could never figure out what the big deal was. They weren't that awesome....now I am about to order one in black lamb....am I a sellout?

1 person likes this.
  18. fungz0r

fungz0r Well-Known Member

But if you have wide hips and place your jacket over it, doesn't it just flare out hem of the jacket and give you a weird drape in terms of having a rectangular leather body, which flares out at the base

19. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

If you have to ask, you're a sellout.

20. 89andy

89andy Well-Known Member

you would want to adjust the torso and hem slightly wider to compensate I believe.