1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

Hmm whisky 4-zip moto or black lamb MA-1 ...

2. aphelan

aphelan Well-Known Member

It really depends on the type of fit you're looking for and if you're trying to leave room for a lot of layering. I'm looking for more of a slim/trim look and since the Fishtail is more of a boxy cut i decided to size down. I'll post some fit-pics tonight so you can see for yourself.

3. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

How tall are you, Reedo?

TOJ 48 should translate to a very slim 48 or even a 46 right? IIRC you're not a short dude and a 46 is pretty damn small.
    You seem to care about being in shape (low bodyfat, big drop,etc), but it seems like you've got a problem maintaining it as you often talk about you starting to grow out of your stuff. If you're one of those cardio guys that don't eat anything cause you're afraid of getting fat, you're doing it wrong.

Hit the heavy weights, get some basic strength and muscle to bump up your metabolism, and then drop all of that fat with a clean and calculated cut. No, you won't get "bulky". You'll most likely look better, get better posture, and most importantly, it'll be a lot easier to stay lean since your body needs more calories to maintain. You'll be bumped up a size, but then your sleeves won't be too short.

TLDR: work out smarter, accept you'll be a size bigger, eat and be happy.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Yea, I really need to look into proper fitness/nutrition regiments, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. The excessive drinking and wonton consumption of fatty foods lately has not helped :embar:

5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Nil is 6' 4" and 205 lbs (ish) and a size large peacoat fit him. So a large duffle ought to fit you.

Conceptionist is correct in his statements, but I am not sure I agree with his initial advice. You probably have the muscle there, you just can't see it due to your % bf. You might try something like p90x as a cutting program. Essentially you want to workout, but with a bit of a caloric deficit. However, if you do want to get big/muscular, then follow what he says.

6. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Well-Known Member

the additional time is intentional...they are lying to you about the initial quote time

building mystique...that's their marketing technique

7. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

So should I be worried about the 52 TOJ1 2011 I ordered fitting me, 6'0 180lbs, 40" chest, 18.5ish" shoulders, 34" waist? From the measurements I should be perfect....

8. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you should be fine. I'm 6'1" 170 lbs with 41" chest 18" shoulders, 31" waist and I have a size 50. It fits pretty snug in the shoulders.

9. Timbaland

Ribkin, are you pulling the peacoat forward in the 1st pic or is it that small? You shouldn't be seeing any of your shirt from the back view.

10. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

His hands are in his pocket so he's pulling it forward.

11. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

Do you have any fit pics of your TOJ1 2011, Timbaland?

12. Timbaland

13. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

No, you won't simply get big and muscular just by lifting weights. P90x is a decent conditioning routine, but if you're looking to actually shape your body (and no, that does not automatically mean getting huge), lifting heavy weights is your best bet in terms of effectiveness. There's no other type of training as far as I now where you see results on your physique as fast.

Cutting isn't about training, it's about food - eating at a calorie deficit. The workout breaks down the muscle tissue and whether you gain size or lose size (and fat) is totally dependent on if you eat more or less than your body needs to maintain it's current weight.

I'll leave this discussion here. Felt the need to clear it up but don't want to clog up the thread.

14. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice guys, in the name of keeping the thread on track I'll take my questions over to the fitness threads

15. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

I'm 6'4" 185, I got a medium...I hope this works for you!

16. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

K, so, question - I own jackets lined in viscose, and a jacket lined in cupro, and this is the first I'm hearing of bemberg. As I understand it, all three are forms of rayon, which is itself basically washable silk. What are the differences / why do we never actually see silk linings?

The nicest is definitely the cupro one, but that could be because it's thick thick thick.

17. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

I was just asking about silk shirts earlier today and someone said that they were very hot, made her sweat.

18. albite

albite Member

How small are you guys talking with the size of the TOJ1? I'm thinking of picking one up used. I'm 5'9," 160lbs, 37" chest, 17.5" shoulder. Will I be okay with a size 46?

19. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Doubtful on 46

1 person likes this.
  20. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

a 37 chest I would think you want a 48 right off the bat.

1 person likes this.