1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. zetazeta

zetazeta Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, what did you order?

2. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

After ordering 5 TOJs, the worst/longest part of the process for me has always been the time period AFTER receiving my tracking #. I become addicted to checking my shipping statuses over the USPS app, even though I KNOW that it'll reach my doorstep either Monday or Tuesday.

New MA-1 looks great. Would love to see a fit where it's paired with a white TOJ OBCD and slim trouser. :satisfied:

I wonder if neu-bizcaz (suiting wool ma-1, baller oxfords) will be the focus of the first JC collection.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

No.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Alright, more on the women's BCDR - that's just a sample prototype we made but it came out exceedingly well, and it was the first time we worked with a new maker and he's ready to work for us, things are good down there. The only changes to be made to what you saw are that I'm gonna change the pulls on the sleeve zips only to regular bar pulls. The rest of it is in place.

So.... if you have a woman you love, or a women you like, or even hate but spend time with, show them the new women's BCDR and get their opinion on it, and post back. I don't want to branch out to full women's just yet, but guys who know what TOJ is about might be able to convey the message better to their own women...

1 person likes this.
  5. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

My girl she liked the new GF jacket a lot, I noted she thought the quilting was "cute". Other than that, no specific comments. I hope to see her in a JC soon.

And I kind of feel in a dilemma, right now. I am not sure if I should get a ribbed-collar CWU now, or wait for the MA-1 to be released and get that. Whaaaat to doooooo. Is the CWU available in calf, or is it lamb/goat only?

1 person likes this.
  6. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it is lamb/goat only. You should still get the CWU. Leather > not leather.

7. rbnman

rbnman Well-Known Member

My better half loves it. Only comments were that she was slightly concerned with the placement of the quilting on the arms. Perhaps a fit pic would assist in addressing this, so long it isnt drew in the fit pic :D

8. matthew07

matthew07 New Member

Hello folks,

Has anyone ever ordered the a-2 bomber in suede? I'm looking for my dream suede jacket and it seems a TOJ or hopefully a JC will be my best shot at getting it.

9. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

gf likes the bcdr but is unsold on the quilting (i like it). maybe a no quilt option?

10. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Even if girls LOVE it, do girls typically even spend that much on 1 single item? You're gonna have to pony up for them. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. Joona

Joona Well-Known Member

My girls opinion: It's a very beautiful jacket. She said that it's a very classic jacket with a modern twist. Perhaps more feminine and definitely a great alternative for the 2010 GF DR. Wouldn't change any details or anything. Black lambskin looks great on it but as she's already getting a black lambskin 2010 GF DR, she would be happy to have it made of either very dark blue or dark bottle green leather too.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

I will do my duty as a loyal toj customer and ask all the lovely ladies in my class if they would kop the quilted gf bcdr. Ill report back with the results :D

13. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

Ask the non-lovely ones too.

14. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Consider what many women spend on a single bag or pair of shoes...
    Don't think it's too out there to expect women to buy it, just a matter of getting them interested in TOJ and willing to spend the money on an unfamiliar brand rather than a bigger name.

15. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

the women i know just wouldnt spend that much money without being able to try something on, my friends are much more reluctant to purchase clothes online, let alone something they cant try on anywhere

16. NotClever

NotClever Well-Known Member

Question is how common is this really? My wife loves to look at Manolo and Louboutin and shit but there's no way she would ever buy a pair. Even when she found a pair on sale which she said were exactly what she was looking for for a shoe to wear at our wedding she wouldn't go for it.

I imagine it's similar to how many guys drool over TOJ in this thread but still don't end up shelling out.

17. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

it's almost as if expensive clothing is a (lucrative) niche product

2 people like this.
  18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

The verdict was: looks really nice, but the quilted proportions seem off.

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

awesome any indication of price?
    and would you do a water proof version?

20. I don't get why waterproofing is such a big thing. If I want a waterproof jacket i want it longer, wider and hooded. I mean, I've taken the quilted goretex and the ae ones out in the rain and both times I would have fared better with an umbrella or actual rain jacket