1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

From the TOJ Unofficial page:

"It will be the same as before, until we roll out the new things. I don’t know how much longer, but this is more like a cleanup run opportunity. Also, we haven’t changed prices in awhile but the supply chain keeps eating away at us, so when the new things drop they will be reformulated a bit and I will have to change the prices a bit as well. I will be taking them up a little bit, as with the shirts."

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Don't want to bother Charly for something this simple. How tall is the collar on the moto on say a size 50 or any other size? Thanks.

3. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Well-Known Member

Going to email TOJ directly, but thought I'd ask here too in case anyone had some insight: For people re-ordering calf -> lamb or other way around, did or would you do anything different in terms of sizing? Just got this moto from another member in black calf, and would like to order one in lamb - probably whiskey, maybe brown.

Also, any advice on fit? It's a little tight around the back shoulders so Ill get that loosened up and sleeve width probably 1.5 inches wider.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. thewho13

thewho13 Well-Known Member

As we should all aspire to more closely resemble anime characters (0-4).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

I have no idea which post you guys are talking about with the leathers so here are all the posts:
    Learn to use the search function!

11 people like this.
  6. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

It's a good compromise between weight and functionality, from what I understand, Langlitz likes to use goatskin on their jackets because it's a little lighter than horse and calf, but still offers good abrasion protection in a fall. I picked goat (moto, black) for those reasons, but also note 99.9% of my riding is under 40mph on streets. I am wrestling with the idea of ordering another jacket in calf (probably a DR in olive) for my infrequent jaunts up the interstate, but honestly, I'd like to see if ToJ is going to produce MTM armor-fitted jackets first.

7. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

what do you guys think about a dark brown goat rib collar cwu 45? Has it been done?

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

yeah I think its been done. IMO, not really a good way to try and tick all the boxes, I just prefer the black lamb CWU with collar more than anything else.

9. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Why does everyone want a ribbed collar CWU? Regular collar is so sick, I'll post a fit pic of the one I received last week when it cools down a bit.

10. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

it's all a matter of personal preference. i have jackets with ribbed collars and toj regular bomber collar. both are cool their own way but tbh, ribbed looks better to me

11. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

i agree black cwu looks best but what about green, blue or white cwu? those colors are kind of classic cwu colors too.

12. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

+1, I like the regular collar better.

13. hobbes874

hobbes874 Well-Known Member

Seeing a picture of a ribbed collar CWU actually drove me to make my first TOJ purchase, dunno why, just had to have it. Still need to post fit pictures of it, had it for about 2 months but it's been typical summertime heat here in the Southwest.

The thought of anyone getting a CWU in anything other than black is pretty disturbing however. White CWU? Bottle green CWU? :facepalm:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Well-Known Member

Pics of you in it? In the gallery I can only find collared CWU, and ONE hanging CWU ribbed.

Really want a ribbed, but I'd like to see someone in it as well, and drool.

15. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

Don't do it willy... don't do it...

16. LTTP

LTTP Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The only one, I think? Plz ignore the X. It was a gift from the bouncer.

3 people like this.
  17. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

18. Harbin

Harbin Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a pic of dark brown goat 4 zip MDR?

19. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

crappy picture but my brother got his whiskey lamb in. ordered at the cutoff. thanks guys.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  20. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Well-Known Member

I thought you could only get whiskey in calf, yarghhhh whiskey lamb 4 zip was a dream of mine.

3 people like this.