1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Harbin

Harbin Well-Known Member

They still have pictures up but no they aren't taking any more orders

2. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

Looks awesome man. How would you rate the suppleness of the goat?

It's not an official website anyways

4. jkoll

jkoll Active Member

New to Toj.. and sounds like I'm a touch too late. So there's no longer going to be custom mtm jackets? ..just got my moderntailor shirts dialed in, and wanted to step it up to a jacket.

Edit:
    Nevermind found this, now just gotta be patient and cross fingers

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  5. ubiquitous

ubiquitous Well-Known Member

haha I figured either you didn't hear or were mortified that some random dude was talking to you at an ATM in chinatown (mugging concepts). My gf asked me why I was trying to talk to strangers in a bank lmao, but damn that torrential rainstorm man...fck.

6. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Yup, too late. No orders are being taken at the moment.

7. sartbaeklv

sartbaeklv Well-Known Member

Did you read the rest of that post?

"the conditions that a) the person actually really needs it and doing this much work for one jacket will be worth it, b) that person understands how much time it takes to make a jacket from scratch and can accept this fact, and c) back to point a, it's not some nitpicky person who is asking for .5" off somewhere, rather it's somebody like Islander who is much taller than most of you guys and genuinely needs a unique size, so it won't be an option on the table for most. The .5" people will simply be told no."

So unless you got some peculiar proportions I don't think Drew will take in that order.
    Then again nothing is set in stone but yeah.

8. jkoll

jkoll Active Member

Yeah I saw that, hence the "cross fingers", and I was trying to minimize space on a posting.. guess that was a fail.
    Nonetheless, seen some sick pieces in this thread. I hope Toj doesn't fall into the generic american fitting guide that most designers do. Back to the hunt of good fits...

9. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Even though its summer and warm in general here...last night would have been a perfect time to bust out the ToJ.

Hopefully there are more evenings like that after my jacket arrives

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

yeah the temps in America have been crazy, I was wearing my leather jacket last week and then it got up to 100 degrees in NY in a matter of 2 days. Back in Japan and it's still lambskin leather jacket temps. I could probably do a lambskin jacket up to about 75 degrees, maybe even 80, considering how hard they pump AC in America.

11. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

damn where I live I wont be able to wear mine until end of october for sure. sucks.

You can wear yours in Tokyo right now ??

12. impolyt_one

yeah its 64F/18C here in Tokyo right now, late afternoon, been overcast but not monsoon rainy for the past couple weeks. I could probably sport a leather into July this year, it's looking like.

13. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

lucky you, here in Shanghai we are in the middle of the rain season...but it is less hot than usual though but still around 27C during daytime

14. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

Thought about bringing my bomber to Beijing, but decided against it

Cool enough to wear it right now :(

15. impolyt_one

Asian weather is latitude plus winds man, rookie mistake :eek:

16. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

About fucking 15 degrees here in the UK atm...middle of the summer lol. Only reason not to wear a leather is the amount of rainfall we are getting..FML.

17. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

^ this, wanted to wear a leather to see rihanna in the park yesterday, ended up taking a barbour instead :fu:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  18. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Severely scuffed and scratched my black lamb jacket after a night out. Was pretty bummed. Took it to a few places and the best reviewed place for leather repair in my area and they all said that there was nothing you could do to repair it--it was too scuffed, too deep, etc, etc.

Well, one day I was bored and sort of had a thought. I had this stuff called "renovateur" for my Alden shoes. Basically this shoe cream from France. Couldn't hurt. Used a q-tip and carefully put some on. Looked better instantly. Then decided to put some black cream used for cordovan/calf shoes. It was like using a goddamn magic marker. No residue on top or anything. [​IMG] Pretty happy with how it turned out. Just as FYI, of course, ymmv.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    19 people like this.
  19. El Giggity

El Giggity Well-Known Member

Wow! good job mang, barely noticeable now! Drew any shipment's going out this week?

20. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

looks great dbear. i didn't know you were part of the blacked-out moto crew.. :fistbump:

1 person likes this.