1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. reydogg23

reydogg23 Well-Known Member

What's the pricing on a suede harrington?

2. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards that way as well, I have a dark whiskey moto and I think on the red one I'd probably getting more fitted, my whiskey has some room for layering. Just wondering on the movement for the moto in calf if I got it more fitted. Anyone else have any experience with a calf leather that's pretty fitted? I don't mind the weight of the calf I actually really like it.

I think my first choice is the red moto, mainly because the possible availablity in the future of TOJ I'm guessing it'll be a slim possibility and it's bad ass too, I think the grey suede A1 is second because again I don't know if TOJ will offer any jackets in suede anymore and the A2 is 3rd because I think the chances of TOJ offering a lamb bomber in the future is probably the most likely and possibly be even better iteration of the current one.

3. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

Charly quoted me $735. Don't know if that's for all colors or not.

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere you can see the colors for the slim trousers?

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

FUUUUUUUUUUUU i cant decide, and time is ticking away!!!

ive got 3 on my list:
    black lamb ultra minimal moto
    black lamb ultra minimal dr
    cream/sand lamb/calf (whatever it is) 4 zip moto

last one to be worn in a balenciaga-esqu way; blue trousers (j cut) with chunky shoes/boots. would add gold zips :devil:

is there a discount if i buy all three :eek: ...like buy 2 get the third half off :laugh:

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

You got to get to 5 full leather items before you start hitting the discount (0). The loyalty program is on the page.

7. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

Has anybody ordered anything in the dark red suede?

8. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

After experiencing how awesome this jacket is I'm very seriously tempted to order a cream/off white 4 zip moto w/ silver hardware.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

lol my bad. Must have been oogle-ing that istasi pic too long haha!

10. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Wonder if the loyalty program will roll over to the new toj :D

11. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

debating a suede harrington since i have a feeling it'll be one of the jackets to be discontinued permanently. dark green or persian blue are what i'm thinking - i pretty much only wear black jeans and navy/charcoal trousers these days. also still on the fence about either medium grey t-1 also... dammit, too many choices, not enough $$$.

drew, any input as to what suede colors are the best quality (like how you talked about brown and black lambskins) and/or your personal favorite color combos for suede jackets?

12. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

Black A-2 vs Dark Brown Goat A-2? Would the dark brown goat look off with the pile collar from the brown lamb?

13. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

^ suede Harrington looks so nice and clean, lots of good fits in the gallery too. Would want, but it's been too hard to forego the leather offerings at the same price.

14. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

IIRC, drew favors the black goat over the dark brown one, and the A-2 in brown.

15. woody^^

woody^^ Well-Known Member

IIRC Drew said a few months ago that they were discontinuing the loyalty program

16. eidolarr

eidolarr Well-Known Member

Only for platinum (15+ orders). Smaller loyalty discounts are still in play

17. Alphataru

Alphataru Well-Known Member

Sweet, I'm one away!

Btw, it's ridiculous to imagine someone with 15+ TOJs, what are you gonna do with so much leather? o_O

18. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

I already have a brown a-1 so I'm looking at something for winters in colorado thats why I was thinking goat. Is the dark brown goat a very different color than brown lamb?

19. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

Here's a quick fit pic of my trousers, unhemmed straight out of the package:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not quite sure how I feel about the fit. I've never really owned nice trousers, and pretty much only wear denim, so I didn't know what to expect. They're really light and lined part way through the leg, so they're pretty comfy. The wool looks good, the only thing I noticed was the pleating looks funny at the top since I fully stretch out the waistband. I'm sure it can be fixed with a quick ironing though. I think if you're looking for sleek and slim trousers, this will probably do a pretty good job. I especially feel like this is something guys like snake or snow would really enjoy and wear really well.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
    5 people like this.
  20. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

i already have a leather and don't really have a burning desire to get another (unless drew miraculously comes upon some burgundy lamb/goat for an a-2), which is why i'm turning to the suede offerings :eek: