1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

To Dark or wrong polish on shoes

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Joman, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Joman

Joman New Member

Hi Guys,

I polished my lovely Tan shoes with Tan polish. Sadly its obvious that the polish was far to dark. I want to remove the polish if possible and some how restore the color.

Is there anyway to this?

TIA

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm going to move this to Menswear Advice, where this might get a few more eyes who are focused on giving this type of advice.

This should do the trick https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-reno-mat-cleaner.html

3. Petepan

Petepan Well-Known Member

Dont worry about renomat. There are two simple and cheap ways to remove excess wax/polish, and both involves knowledge of basic chemistry. First cheapo way is just to use a rag soaked in vodka. Second cheapo way is to use neutral wax polish, as neutral wax contains a higher proportion of solvents versus wax and pigments. Neither product will damage leather or strip dyes. Voila!

4. cloven

cloven Member

Saddle soap to remove the polish, then neutral shoe cream