1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TM LEWIN shirts for £12

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by daniele6, May 27, 2005.

1. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Well-Known Member

Would love to order, but the 17s have only 36-inch sleeves.

I did not know that the British are a long-armed people.

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

Of course if they are (conveniently) sold out of that particular item what can you do... [​IMG]

3. seok

seok Well-Known Member

website dead...empty directory?

4. FIHTies

Interesting Tro. Imagine... And where can you get 200 plus credit cards and all that relevant info within a few minutes before the scam is found out? Hint: You are looking at it...

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

European dress shirts are sized by neck only, the arms are usually extra long in order to allow for alterations to your exact size.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Fun's over.

The websites basket now reflects the real prices.

Jon.

7. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

(trogdor @ May 27 2005,15:59) Maybe I'm paranoid, but it could also be a scam. Imagine: someone hacks their website, changes all the prices, then "leaks" the information that they have a sale, and promptly gathers the credit card numbers that flood in. [​IMG]
    Interesting Tro. Imagine... And where can you get 200 plus credit cards and all that relevant info within a few minutes before the scam is found out? Hint: You are looking at it...
    Use your Amex, and you won't have a problem if it's a scam.

8. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

Citibank also $0 liability...
    Deal is dead.

9. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

The site shows the 12 pound price, but when I go to checkout, I'm charged full price. I'm afraid to go through with the order, for fear of having $1,000 charged on my card.

10. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Well-Known Member

man that was exciting for a little while though.

11. FIHTies

We should go back to the Rube chat people that tried crashing SF and tell them... You guys think you know how to bring down a site???

12. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Well-Known Member

they're, like, dead in the water. i wonder what happened to cause the price mistake?

13. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

Damn, by the time I put in my order, it already showed the regular prices and then the site crashed altogether.

Whoever the lucky few who put in their orders at 12 pounds per shirt, please update if they honor your orders.

14. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Well-Known Member

I can promise you that just b/c you order something online at x price, the merchant does not have to honor it. Maybe in some cases they do (or choose to), but as many fat wallet.com'ers can attest, in no way is it a sure thing.

I have personally bought, had my credit card charged, and received email confirmations/receipts for, in the last year:

airline tickets
    pc's
    hotel rooms
    LCD monitors
    printers

and the list goes on- 90% of them were not honored. Any smart company throws up a saying in their purchasing fine print that says they are not liable for pricing errors or glitches. Dell is FAMOUS for doing this- they've even been taken to court for it as a bait and switch tactic.

Bottom line, it never hurts to try to get in on these deals but you should never, ever think you're entitled to it. It would be more like a miraculous surprise...

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

(norcaltransplant @ May 27 2005,16:14) Citibank also $0 liability... Deal is dead.
    We should go back to the Rube chat people that tried crashing SF and tell them... You guys think you know how to bring down a site???
    [​IMG] Jon.

16. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

Site's up again but with regular prices.

17. ViroBono

ViroBono Well-Known Member

(Panzeraxe @ May 27 2005,13:02) And yes, they will be forced to honor these orders even if this is a computer glitch as Internet orders are a legal binding contract. A few years ago, UA was offering non-stop tickets from Chicago to Delhi for a special price of $1,200 on their website - however, some technie accidentaly put it down as $12 and the entire flight was sold out in under a half hour - UA was still forced to honor that price.
    I can promise you that just b/c you order something online at x price, the merchant does not have to honor it. Maybe in some cases they do (or choose to), but as many fat wallet.com'ers can attest, in no way is it a sure thing. I have personally bought, had my credit card charged, and received email confirmations/receipts for, in the last year: airline tickets pc's hotel rooms LCD monitors printers and the list goes on- 90% of them were not honored. Any smart company throws up a saying in their purchasing fine print that says they are not liable for pricing errors or glitches. Dell is FAMOUS for doing this- they've even been taken to court for it as a bait and switch tactic. Bottom line, it never hurts to try to get in on these deals but you should never, ever think you're entitled to it. It would be more like a miraculous surprise...
    T M Lewin is a UK company, subject to UK law, as is any transaction with them. In UK law a marked price is considered only as an 'invitation to treat', and the seller is not obliged to sell to anyone. There has been a precedent case, in which a website offered goods at low prices; the vendor claimed it was a computer glitch, and the Court held that they did not have to honour the 'wrong' prices.

18. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Well-Known Member

(bigbadbuff @ May 27 2005,14:06)
    And yes, they will be forced to honor these orders even if this is a computer glitch as Internet orders are a legal binding contract. A few years ago, UA was offering non-stop tickets from Chicago to Delhi for a special price of $1,200 on their website - however, some technie accidentaly put it down as $12 and the entire flight was sold out in under a half hour - UA was still forced to honor that price.
    I can promise you that just b/c you order something online at x price, the merchant does not have to honor it. Maybe in some cases they do (or choose to), but as many fat wallet.com'ers can attest, in no way is it a sure thing. I have personally bought, had my credit card charged, and received email confirmations/receipts for, in the last year: airline tickets pc's hotel rooms LCD monitors printers and the list goes on- 90% of them were not honored. Any smart company throws up a saying in their purchasing fine print that says they are not liable for pricing errors or glitches. Dell is FAMOUS for doing this- they've even been taken to court for it as a bait and switch tactic. Bottom line, it never hurts to try to get in on these deals but you should never, ever think you're entitled to it. It would be more like a miraculous surprise...
    T M Lewin is a UK company, subject to UK law, as is any transaction with them. Â In UK law a marked price is considered only as an 'invitation to treat', and the seller is not obliged to sell to anyone. Â There has been a precedent case, in which a website offered goods at low prices; the vendor claimed it was a computer glitch, and the Court held that they did not have to honour the 'wrong' prices.
    Damn, Damn, Damn [​IMG]

19. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

You realize, you just killed my highlight of the day

20. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I missed all the fun. [​IMG]