1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Time for a pair of burgundy shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by niomosy, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Mute

Mute Well-Known Member

Best to see in person. I have a pair of EG Westminster in Dark Oak and not really much of a red shade to its finish. The Vass Oxblood.....awesome. I just ordered a MTO pair in oxblood and bordeaux because I was looking for something with a hint of red tone. It was between that and burgundy. For under $1000 Vass MTO is very hard to beat. I'm getting mine through Ascot Shoes over in the UK. The MTO cost ranges from GBP 550-590 which works out to approximately $800-860 USD depending on the options you choose. It's almost a bargain considering what you're getting.

1 person likes this.
  2. niomosy

niomosy Active Member

Ascot Shoes has been pouring it on with the Vass shoes recently. They've added a large quantity of various Vass cognac colors in.

How was the MTO process with Ascot? I originally found them through their Ebay listings but have been keeping an eye on their website as well. I'm assuming the ~$800 range is with VAT removed? That's really not too bad and leaves me money for a belt.

3. Mute

Mute Well-Known Member

Sammy, the owner of Ascot Shoes is very easy to work with and he makes sure all of the details and your choices are correct before ordering, including picking the right size. The price I quoted is with VAT removed. Now that you mention it, I should get a belt to go with these new shoes.

4. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Isn't there a GMTO in the works right now on the Vass thread for a pair of oxblood wingtips through Ascot?

5. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Well-Known Member

Yes, niomosy should check the Vass thread and pm DonRaphael.

@niomosy your foot shape and instep will determine best Vass fit but I'm a 10.5D and 43.5 in Vass U.

6. Mute

Mute Well-Known Member

That GMTO is the bomb! If I weren't looking for something other than a wingtip I would have been all over that one.

7. niomosy

niomosy Active Member

Going to pass on that one. If I go Vass, it will most likely end up MTO so I can get something specific.