1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Tie matching advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kidcloudkicker, Dec 18, 2009.

1. kidcloudkicker

kidcloudkicker Active Member

I'm looking for some recommendations on what color tie to wear. I have a charcoal colored suit and a light purple gingham shirt. I'll be wearing this to a wedding. Any input appreciated. Also, advice on a pocket square?

2. B|aze

B|aze Well-Known Member

I'm looking for some recommendations on what color tie to wear. I have a charcoal colored suit and a light purple gingham shirt. I'll be wearing this to a wedding. Any input appreciated. Also, advice on a pocket square?

http://fromthewaistup.wordpress.com/...-black-catena/

3. rmspawn

rmspawn Well-Known Member

4. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Well-Known Member

5. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Well-Known Member

Blue with grey, grey with blue. Find small patterned tie on a blue ground. The pattern must be on a different scale than the gingham. Solid blue would work as well. One piece of advice is wear or bring your purple shirt when shopping for a tie. Not all blues will look right.

6. shayne_aman

shayne_aman Member

A dark purple - either solid or with a subtle pattern.

For example: http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-si...lk-tie-34.html

7. nbutter

nbutter Well-Known Member

black

midnight blue

dark purple