1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ticket pocket on navy suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kolecho, Aug 15, 2006.

1. kolecho

kolecho Well-Known Member

I am considering adding a ticket pocket to my favourite navy suit. It adds some interest to an otherwise plain suit. I use it for business, but it also doubles up as a sports jacket when I am travelling (I have horn buttons on them).

What are your thoughts about ticket pocket on lounge suit?

2. jml90

jml90 Well-Known Member

I like it but, don't know if it could be done.

3. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

I've seen it done on casual/lounge/designer suits and it looks fine, but I would be concerned about being able to match the exact shade of navy. Would be extra hard if the suit has been dry cleaned or worn more than a handful of times.

4. kolecho

kolecho Well-Known Member

This is a new suit that has not be cleaned yet, and I have some surplus cloth lying around, so matching is no issue.

I am concerned about appropriateness.....

5. jml90

jml90 Well-Known Member

It would be fine IMHO

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

I like ticket pockets and encourage to add one.

7. Tuerney1

Tuerney1 Well-Known Member

It depends on your business environment, but in 90+% of cases I think it would be fine. And I think ticket pockets are fun. [​IMG]

8. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

They're a nice touch, but are also a nice bonus if you're thin, as they bulk up the torso a bit. (This and other helpful features are touched upon in Manton's The Suit.)

9. lakewolf

lakewolf Well-Known Member

I have it made to a jacket with the cloth cut from the trousers when the hems were done. It can be done by a good tailor and adds a nice touch.

10. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

Need to be a good tailor to capture the exact style of the existing.

11. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

They're a nice touch, but are also a nice bonus if you're thin, as they bulk up the torso a bit. (This and other helpful features are touched upon in Manton's The Suit.)

If he just wants the look, couldn't he not have a lined pocket put in, but just the appearance of a pocket?

12. iyorito

iyorito Well-Known Member

God forbid, what if something goes wrong? If it was my favorite jacket, I would't touch it.

13. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

I have a suit with ticket pocket from WW Chan. I wouldn't order all my suits with ticket pockets, but I like the style (especially since I look for every trick in the book to make me look bulkier!).