1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

three button pinstripe (charcoal) versus 4 button grey

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pittguy579, May 23, 2012.

1. pittguy579

pittguy579 Member

I have an interview today. I do have two other suits which are more traditional, but I am not sure if maybe I am just counting these two suits out for no reason.

First is a three button pinstripe Nautica..it is dark navy blue with stripe. For some reason it is showing as being grey in the picture when it is either a really dark grey or black almost.
    Second is a traditional grey suit, but it has 4 buttons. I know 4 button suits are not usually standard..the guy at the Mens Warehouse told me it was a good interview suit when I bought it last year...I didn't think anything of the 4 buttons until it was too late.

Any assistance is appreciated..

**Tried to post pictures, but it would not allow me to do so.

2. pittguy579

pittguy579 Member

3. thebac

thebac Well-Known Member

Dark navy striped sounds perfectly acceptable, unless the stripes are really loud and unusual.

Don't wear a four button suit, and certainly do not wear one to a job interview.