1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on these shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by houston, Dec 28, 2004.

1. houston

houston Well-Known Member

These seem to be basic, well made black wingtips at a good sale price. Anyone know who makes them? I don't think C&J at this price. Polos

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

They're nice. Obviously not C&J, being made in Italy. No clue as to which factory/maker is behind these.

They're available (or were available) on Ebay, at slightly lower prices - possibly $100 or so. A number of sellers have/had them.

3. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

Yuck.  If you have to wear black shoes, make them as sleek and unnoticeable as possible.  All that broguing makes for too busy a black shoe.  It looks like the tread of a tire.

That said, the same shoe in cordovan (color and material) or suede (chocolate or tobacco) is quite lovely.

Oh, hell, don't listen to me.

No, wait.  Have you thought about trying to create a wardrobe that doesn't require the support of black shoes?  I am working on it right now, and it has forced me to deal with some very interesting questions.  But that is another matter.

4. oldskool

oldskool Well-Known Member

I own them at $99 when they last went on sale. they run a tad short, go 1/2 size +

otherwise standard wings... i've owned many and these are about the same