1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** Thoughts on Quality of This Valentino Double Breasted Suit at Gilt? ***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by beyondmars2020, Jan 8, 2013.

1. beyondmars2020

beyondmars2020 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have learned lots here but can find precious little information about Valentino Men's Suits.

I'm on the fence about this Valentino suit:
    http://tailorandshod.com/brand/valentino/product/158700721-valentino-double-breasted-suit

What does everyone think about the quality and value?

The suit is "Made in Italy," has a white label "Valentino | Made in Italy", an inside tag indicating the Valentin SPA group, is made of 90% wool and 10% mohair, and to my assessment seems to be half canvassed or fused. It certainly does not seem to be part of the Valentino Tailoring line made by Isaia. All of this tells me that it seems to be a bit overpriced, even at the Gilt "discount."

I wear Benjamin suits as my everyday suits, which are pretty good, and a few Brioni's thrown in.

Thx