1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts and Opinions: Matching tie to accompany striped lavender dress shirt

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by thecooldude33, May 19, 2016.

1. thecooldude33

thecooldude33 Active Member

Evening Gentleman,

Thoughts and suggestions on matching a tie with this particular dress shirt. I will probably be wearing a charcoal or blue suit with it. Any feed back would be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Hi,

I'm going to move your thread to Menswear advice, which is a better place for this type of question, and will also probably get you a better reception.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I'm moving your thread to menswear advice, where it may get a better reception, and also be of help to other newer members who might have a similar question. Shirts like that are tough to wear with ties, but a burgundy neat might work....I'd have to see it together. Having a hard time picturing it.

4. kravatorf

kravatorf Member

I own a similar shirt. The tie choice depends on the suit

I wear mine mostly with a solid (or very faded pattern) dark blue or solid mid grey suit and a not too dark and fairly muted blue tie. (the slate blue grenadine fina from Sam Hober is fine http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/slate-blue-grenadine-fina-silk-tie-12.html

this is quite a conservative choice as this shirt happens to be far more versatile than expected assuming the rest of the outfit does not show too loud pattern(s). Neat burgundy and textured grey are fine and easy to match.

I was surprisingly pleased with dark brown shades, a patterned yellow and blue tie (quite loud) and some green (beware, these last ones are really a "hit or miss" thing)

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  5. Alpha11

Alpha11 Well-Known Member

See photo below for ideas.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  6. Alpha11

Alpha11 Well-Known Member

I own this shirt as well as the pink and the Orange one too. Here is the tie i chose to wear with it. I wear it with my navy suit or charcoal. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]