• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Browne trying too hard...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Really, we can't have a Thom Browne thread without one of these:

pee_wee_herman.jpg

Ah crap, LabelKing beat me to it. Nicely done.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a flamer, I must say that I do believe there is something dubiously sexy about a man in high-waters.

marchal.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I know that other than to a few of us the basic attitude is to not care what women might think about the way you dress. That being said, why would anybody wear clothing that would almost prohibit you from ever getting laid. Thom Browne as worn by himself and here by SoCal seems to be the almost perfect cock-blocker.

Best post of the thread.
worship.gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
< Snort >

As I was looking up the definition of " cock-blocker " this pic came up
rimshot.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
jeez! 9 pages in less than 24 hours! There's a real Thom Browne loving going on here!
smile.gif

With that being said, I think that picture looks like he's got a restraining order from approaching small children.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Actually I'd say my outfits look twice as good when you see me on the street than in my poorly light bathroom mirror while I'm trying to rush out the door to work.
I actually think thats probably true...try taking a few shots at a nicer, further away angle, I'm really curious. At that angle, the whole outfit looks to lack balance, which is what makes it work when it does (IMO). I feel obligated to post a picture of ankle-baring I think work. I think the gentleman below makes it work..it must be the ORIENTAL POWER!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I know that other than to a few of us the basic attitude is to not care what women might think about the way you dress. That being said, why would anybody wear clothing that would almost prohibit you from ever getting laid. Thom Browne as worn by himself and here by SoCal seems to be the almost perfect cock-blocker.
Just for the record, I wrote this assuming that SoCal was straight. Perhaps he is not. I guess that bare ankles are not a cock-block in the gay community. I suppose that you have to know your audience. That being said, I still think the manpris are just wrong.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
I actually think thats probably true...try taking a few shots at a nicer, further away angle, I'm really curious.

I'll do my best; but, I'd prefer not to have a friend at work come out for a "photoshoot" in front of the building.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
< Snort >

As I was looking up the definition of " cock-blocker " this pic came up
rimshot.gif

I think that's the woman that warns you about the dangers of unprotected and ******** before the Appreciation film starts...

ABALO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
I actually think thats probably true...try taking a few shots at a nicer, further away angle, I'm really curious. At that angle, the whole outfit looks to lack balance, which is what makes it work when it does (IMO). I feel obligated to post a picture of ankle-baring I think work. I think the gentleman below makes it work..it must be the ORIENTAL POWER!

Yes it works BUT...

1/ It's not a suit but a casual outfit, so the highwater are less shocking

2/ Does this look really better with that bare ankle than it would with a normal no-break ?? (I am sure it does not)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The False Prophet
Wouldn't your ankles get cold in winter...?
confused.gif

Worn with socks.

film002.jpg

pstb.jpg

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Worn with socks.

film002.jpg

pstb.jpg

Shouldn't you coordinate your socks to your jacket ?
laugh.gif

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse the bashing, but with socks really looks silly. Nothing personal, but it reminds me of one of those emo/skate kids who wears long shorts and pulls their socks up to cover the gap between shorts and shoes. Kinda reminiscent of stockings...

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the "too short" look is permissable, what about the "too long" look?
bounce2.gif

20065.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads