1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

This is why you snipe

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dare-, May 22, 2006.

1. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

There's also something psychological about an item that has 0 bids. For some reason, people aren't as willing to bid on something until the first bid. It's as if you want some validation from at least one other person out there in cyber space that this item is worth something. I kind of feel that way myself when bidding on something. If nobody has bid on an item that seems really good I ask myself "is there a reason that nobody is bidding? Is there something wrong with this item that I'm missing?" So, in that way, sniping also lowers the final cost of an item because you aren't letting people know until the very end that the item is at least worth something.